Have you seen these differences with 3D vs 2D Gimbal?

Reaction score
First of all, MUCH better video.
Everything works, and tracks perfectly.

However, and it must be because of the 3rd axis, it seems much heavier than the 2D Gimbal, though the specs only put it 12 grams heavier.

I also added an iOSD mini (love it) and a hub- which is also great for hooking everything together. I have not yet added a GPS tracking chip, but will soon.

The problem is that this P2 is much more sluggish. I wonder if I am noticing this because I live at over 5k feet? In other words, before I could turn, go forward, and lift all at the same time, no problem. Now if I try to have it do too much at once it will rapidly descend. If learned to watch carefully, not do much close to the ground, and immediately give it full lift and nothing else if it gets into trouble.

I would love to have more power and control. I wonder if the things I've added have made the difference.

Any thoughts on this?

Correction to your post - H2 weighs more than H3. H2 = 230 grams, H3 = 168 grams

DattaGroover said:
EMCSQUAR said:
Correction to your post - H2 weighs more than H3. H2 = 230 grams, H3 = 168 grams
This is what I was going on:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131174

Plus, wouldn't it make more sense that 3 motors plus a stronger shaft weigh more than 2?
BUT, DJI lists the weights you mention, so I don't know.

The 3D feels heavier to me, but I don't have the 2D to compare it to any more. I wonder if the weight they give for the 2D is with a GoPro? 62 grams is a lot of difference: over 2 oz.

DattaGroover said:
DattaGroover said:
EMCSQUAR said:
This is what I was going on:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131174

Plus, wouldn't it make more sense that 3 motors plus a stronger shaft weigh more than 2?
BUT, DJI lists the weights you mention, so I don't know.

The 3D feels heavier to me, but I don't have the 2D to compare it to any more. I wonder if the weight they give for the 2D is with a GoPro? 62 grams is a lot of difference: over 2 oz.
GoPro lists their Hero3+ at 74g, so maybe that's the diff.

DJI may not have wanted to call attention to the fact that it's heavier.

Don't know about your descending problem, but I'd say there is a good chance the sluggishness you mention is largely because of firmware changes.

Have no way to measure or state for fact, but I suspect DJI has "smoothed" stick response and reduced top-end speed for two main reasons. One, to reduce occurrences of the misbehaviors many have had (including myself) with the 3D. And secondly, to help avoid lower shell cracks developing around the motors (which has also been an issue for me).

Away Point said:
Don't know about your descending problem, but I'd say there is a good chance the sluggishness you mention is largely because of firmware changes.

Have no way to measure or state for fact, but I suspect DJI has "smoothed" stick response and reduced top-end speed for two main reasons. One, to reduce occurrences of the misbehaviors many have had (including myself) with the 3D. And secondly, to help avoid lower shell cracks developing around the motors (which has also been an issue for me).
Good chance of that, I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik