Have You Ever Turned The RC Off Just To See If...

Pushing the long distance envelope I usually lose video before I lose radio contact, but flying without video is not a good idea.....turn off the TX and RTH right back to my launch point....easy....

Yes, except that turning off remote is not a good idea as someone mentioned.

It would be better to flip S1 to RTH and even better it would be (my opinion) use Home Lock and fly bird towards you until you regain Video transmission.

If anything goes wrong in S1 RTH mode, you always have possibility to regain control quickly however if you turn off remote, there is always a risk that the bird may not regain signal in time for you to react.

Not exactly, because with S1 switch RTH the communication between remote and Phantom is online and if you turn off Remote... Well, it is offline and it poses some risks.

Turning it on-off-on is more risky than S1 because you have the extra overhead of remote and Phantom reestablishing connection. It might be a fraction of a second or more, but still.

Utopia Texas said:
How close did it land to the actual home spot?

A bit off topic.....

I used ground station to take off and fly a mission. I was ready to take over the flight just in case....
The phantom landed 6 feet from where it took off all by itself. I found that quite impressive!

I have set my RTH at 200' so as not to hit anything on the way back. I don't have any mods yet so when I lose sight or camera and can still hear it coming home I get a warm fuzzy feeling.

Day one, after barely reading my manual, I powered off the Tx... Had to show my Dad it would do it on its own... Only problem was, I didn't realized where i Started it was where it considered home. Where I took it off was a nice clear field. Where I calibrated the quad was about 40 ft away.. Within those 40 feet was a 100 ft pine tree. Began flying, got in a few good flights... Powered off the Tx... It went up to 66ish feet (default). Made a attempt to head through the tree, and somehow managed to hit a limb perfectly and wedge itself onto a branch... With the help of a fishing pole and a few heavy washers, I was able to get the drone down... Of course it cracked the shell... Next day was flying without a problem... Haven't had the balls to try it again though.. Would like to mention.. Manual can be recited verbatim almost now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol,, watch this Dad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.