Have you ever had a flyaway? (poll)

Have you ever had a fly-away?

• Yes, but I recovered it or flew it back (damage or no damage)

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Yes, but I never got it back

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No

Votes: 72 86.7%

• Total voters
Again???

Reactions: Oso
Nothing to report.. I have had the Phantom switch to ATTI mode on it's own a couple of times but that's it.

You've been a member here for 1.5 yrs and not seen this same poll before???

Yes, to earlier polls, No to flyaway. Not unless I tell it to. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Not exactly. One time the USB link or app froze, the app was unresponsive. I forgot to look for the green link light on the controller. Either way I was flying blind. Didn't think to press and hold the RTH button on the RC. Drove ~1/4 mile to find the P3 hovering ~100 feet in the air waiting for me. Then I figured I could unplug and replug the USB cable and was able to get the app working again.

Had a flyaway today !! Opened my wallet, gust of wind and BOOM $100 blew out of my wallet and flew away !!!

Go fly your new toy !!! There are no more flyaways, that was a p2 thing.. Long since fixed. Any true "flyaway crashes" were repaired by DJI.

Close thread, move on, charge batteries, go fly! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This thing is so stable a d reliable I haven't even considered it a possibility :D

I did have a flyaway recently with a Blade 350 QX3. Compass error autocorrection my ***...
Funny thing is my Blade 350 QX2 (older model) has no problems. Flies smoother faster and is way more responsive. I think it's because I haven't updated it to v3 like the qx3 is...
But anyway sorry I went off topic here...

Nope never had a flyaway with a P3A.Granted I'm new to Phantoms but so far it feels very reliable.

Not to beat a dead horse. Of those that had a flyaway and recovered their craft how many trust it enough to keep flying?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This weekend I had it fly away, kinda. I was almost 8 miles out and it got confused and would not respond to my commands. The screen started to freeze up and pic would cut out. I put in in RTH mode and hoped for best but Finally lost signal so don't know where it landed.
I've also I have had the Phantom switch to ATTI mode on it's own a few of times.
I've had some batteries go from 30% to 10% in less than a minute and auto land. Had to go find it. I've had a P2V+ right above me after take off just not respond to my commands and flew away. Had a tracker on it so I found it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20