Have you all seen this Batt-Box on Kickstarter

Reaction score
There is this Kickstarter campaign going on for a box made to specifically handle Lithium ion batteries while charging in case of fire,new hat do you think?

18f4419823be19f5fbd074ed648b70d2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It has been posted here a few times and looks like a nice design. I prefer to use old ammo cans for this task. I suppose $34 isn't a bad deal.

ammo can.jpg

Reactions: QuadBart
Unless you're charging a severely damaged (or old battery) I wouldn't waste my money.

Really unnecessary if you follow some really basic and simple rules when charging/using/storing Lipos.

What I find interesting, by the creator's own admission, they were NOT following the rules of charging Lipos safely is what caused them to create this product. They admit being "careless"....

As I've stated in another post, in the many, many years of using Lipos in R/C I've only seen one fire, not an explosion. Started with smoke and slowly developed into a flame. This happened because the battery was improperly charged...

I've stored batteries for 3 years, charged them and used them and they worked fine (won't say they worked exactly as they had 3 years earlier when I stored them. But there was no noticeable loss of power or capacity)

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
Why would anyone be charging a severely damaged battery?

Exactly my point. A lipo won't just up and explode if it's not damaged and you follow the proper charging procedure. Therefore, these battery bunkers aren't necessary.

Exactly my point. A lipo won't just up and explode if it's not damaged and you folstainlessthe proper charging procedure. Therefore, these battery bunkers aren't necessary.
I see all the hype about lipo batteries. I will not have them on a charger if I am gone. If I do, they are placed between two stainless steel bowls and only for a short while. A 9 volt battery against some steel wool can burn your house down. Respect them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.