Have we lost more than our quads maybe our minds?

Reaction score
After reading all the horror stories about the new model drones there's no way that I would trade my P1 for a newer drone . Flight service control has been 100%
new subject:
I am woundering where are drone pilot's brains ?
Not only are they doing things to in danger people and property but the hobby in general.
Like many of you I to have been in RC for a long time and one thing I leaned is not do is take a chances.
Stay over the field or the area where it is safe and don't fly over the spectators.
Quit giving theses drone operators praise for doing stupid things!
Are you a operator or you a Pilot ? there is a difference .
Sorry if I offended you but I love this hobby and I would hate to see it go away because we did stood by and did nothing about it.
Mark my word down , this will come to pass if we don't wake up and start policing our own hobby !
News Flash!! "Quad copter flys into path of flight XXXX ,passengers and crew all lost and many killed on ground ". How are you going to feel about that?
If this happen I would
probley never fly my quad again out of shame.
Let's work together for the good of the hobby!

Reactions: Quadcopter102
Hello Robsquad
Thanks for you reply
I have been reading for the last few months and yes there is some good being done.
But the outside world is going to come down on us hard when this happen. Hey I love all the great videos too back in the 70's we only dreamed of having toys like this. but It only takes one bad operator to spoil it for the rest of us.
Yes you right not all of us have lost our minds
Thanks
DannyC

DannyC,
You have good intentions. Just be prepared if the replies you get aren't all friendly.

What you say is true. It's the irresponsible folks who will bring down the hobby for us all.
Most people here realize that so in a way you're preaching to the choir.
It's clearly obvious that the number of "Look at me, I just flew above the clouds!!!!!" posts have dropped off significantly.

Good to know there's another great drone operator out there who respects the airspace.

For the record, imo the P1 is still a mighty fine bird...I don't care what anybody says.

DannyC,
You have good intentions. Just be prepared if the replies you get aren't all friendly.

What you say is true. It's the irresponsible folks who will bring down the hobby for us all.
Most people here realize that so in a way you're preaching to the choir.
It's clearly obvious that the number of "Look at me, I just flew above the clouds!!!!!" posts have dropped off significantly.

Good to know there's another great drone operator out there who respects the airspace.

For the record, imo the P1 is still a mighty fine bird...I don't care what anybody says.
Hello JKDSensei, I hope what I said makes some of theses "above the clouds knot heads" think before they get the hobby in deep Doo Doo. And yes I have thick skin so sticks and stones don't bother me I am not looking for a fight, they can argue with them selfs when it all come crashing down on who's to blame. Only to point out what is going down. Hey I got a P1 and I have never had any flight control problems like the new models. It does what I tell it to do. And once in awhile I'll even let it fly it's self home
Well peace to all please and please be careful what ever you do.
DannyC.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Even if a man were to rise from the dead and tell them, they would not listen. You can't fix stupid! Chill, and go enjoy our hobby. You posting on an Internet forum will deter no one, trust me. You're gonna get an ulcer worrying about it!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Even if a man were to rise from the dead and tell them, they would not listen. You can't fix stupid! Chill, and go enjoy our hobby. You posting on an Internet forum will deter no one, trust me. You're gonna get an ulcer worrying about it!

Loved the quote [emoji56]

Hello Snerd Thanks for you concern about the ulcers, You are right no point getting upset about it.
But some times I feel compelled to say something so I did.
Yes fixing stupid would is not something one person can do .
Thanks for you post!
DannyC

Quads don't kill people do

Attachments

• 10347705_892712837419706_1459045463787034305_n.jpg
    10347705_892712837419706_1459045463787034305_n.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 294
The sky is not falling. Things will level out sooner or later. Lots of new technology has gone through the same issues (automobiles comes to mind). Yes there are responsible operators, as there are bad eggs in every basket. The best you can do is to promote the hobby responsibly & try to educate, not preach about the benefits.

Reactions: 750r
Whatever happened to the war on drugs?

We spend more money trying to stop it's import into this country then if it were legalized, controlled and taxed at both the federal and state levels. This country will never stop it's use or demand.

We spend more money trying to stop it's import into this country then if it were legalized, controlled and taxed at both the federal and state levels. This country will never stop it's use or demand.
He's quite right, you know. And that coming from an old geezer. It's become a very profitable business for police departments all over the country. They get to seize nice cars, trucks, Hummers, and $TONS$ of money! Here in Oklahoma, you can watch the Highway Patrol sit on the southbound side of I-35................. they're not on the other side, stopping the weed from getting in, no, they're grabbing the money from the deliverymen on their way back!!

Reactions: JKDSensei
It still seems odd to drive down the interstate and see a billboard advertising Marijuana or edibles made with pot! But here in Washington state I haven't noticed any more potheads wandering the street than before, and the tax rewards for the state have been very very nice. It should be legal everywhere in my opinion.

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
It still seems odd to drive down the interstate and see a billboard advertising Marijuana or edibles made with pot! But here in Washington state I haven't noticed any more potheads wandering the street than before, and the tax rewards for the state have been very very nice. It should be legal everywhere in my opinion.

Marijuana isn't the only drug that should be legalized,controlled and taxed. This so called war on drugs has cost the American tax payers plenty and there still isn't an end in sight and never will be as long as there is a demand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1