Have the forum rules changed?

Reaction score
I am seeing some posting the same thing in more that one section. A few days back one started a thread in about 6 areas of the forum. Is this ok now? Also people are posting videos just anywhere. I thought we had a video section just for that purpose. I understand a video being placed in the non video section if it's related to a particular thread or problem. So...what's up. Multiple postings really clutter up the forum. What if we all did that?

Not to mention the click bait titles, which iirc are also a no-no.

I am seeing some posting the same thing in more that one section. A few days back one started a thread in about 6 areas of the forum. Is this ok now? Also people are posting videos just anywhere. I thought we had a video section just for that purpose. I understand a video being placed in the non video section if it's related to a particular thread or problem. So...what's up. Multiple postings really clutter up the forum. What if we all did that?
What if you hit the report button so we can take care of it . We can't see all Monte .
I do close things or delete them if I can catch them fast enough when I see them .
Try and help us when you see something wrong by hitting that report button as we see that right off .
Not to mention the click bait titles, which iirc are also a no-no.
Same there bbfpv .
Guys we can't be on 24/7 and things do get posted before we see them and we do the best we can .
A little help from all members wouldn't hurt :)

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
What if you hit the report button so we can take care of it . We can't see all Monte .
I do close things or delete them if I can catch them fast enough when I see them .
Try and help us when you see something wrong by hitting that report button as we see that right off .

Same there bbfpv .
Guys we can't be on 24/7 and things do get posted before we see them and we do the best we can .
A little help from all members wouldn't hurt :)
I'm not here to be a forum rat but some of this stuff is just annoying plus the click bait as the other member mentioned. I have hit the report button and I think it wants to ask questions. I forget. I'm sure you guys clean stuff up I don't even see. Thanks.

I'm not here to be a forum rat but some of this stuff is just annoying plus the click bait as the other member mentioned. I have hit the report button and I think it wants to ask questions. I forget. I'm sure you guys clean stuff up I don't even see. Thanks.
Just because you hit the report button don't make you no rat and yes I'm moving stuff all the time to the correct sections or taking care of duplicate
post . It's not like it used to be when we were only 20,000 members . We have over 67,000 now and we in a different world .
What it ask is just what you see wrong and that's it and no one knows it was reported but mods and admins .
And it's not just me trying to keep this place running smooth . Don't hesitate hitting that button as it helps us .:)
And thanks monte you are correct you don't see a lot because we caught it or it was reported ;)

Reactions: Monte55
How sweet! ;):p:D

roy.GIF

How about getting 2 mods per country? That way with the time zone when your asleep at 2am someone else will be awake and be able to remove any material [emoji6]

Neon Euc

As someone that has run several forums (and been paid to do so) one thing I would suggest for the site team here is respond to reports.

I have reported a few posts here and it feels like they go off into the void. Users like to know their report was received, and even be thanked from time to time. That isn't to say the staff should discuss back room decisions, especially when it deals with moderation of an "unruly" user.

A response to reports reassures users that they are actually helping when they report posts and increases the quality of reports. Without responses it feels like "why should I care about reporting a post, the staff doesn't care if I do".

Other wise the forum staff do a pretty good job.

How about getting 2 mods per country? That way with the time zone when your asleep at 2am someone else will be awake and be able to remove any material [emoji6]

Neon Euc
We have 8 staff members for the Phantom forum and they are form different time zones including Australia. We always try to do our best to make everyone experience here helpful and friendly. Keep in mind as Dirk said, no forum is ever completely covered by staff 24-7, sometimes things that shouldn't be here get by. The report button is anonymous and the reported people never know who reported them. Members can make a big difference by smashing that report button when you see a problem so the staff can handle it according to the forum policies. Thanks!

Reactions: Neon Euc
As someone that has run several forums (and been paid to do so) one thing I would suggest for the site team here is respond to reports.

I have reported a few posts here and it feels like they go off into the void. Users like to know their report was received, and even be thanked from time to time. That isn't to say the staff should discuss back room decisions, especially when it deals with moderation of an "unruly" user.

A response to reports reassures users that they are actually helping when they report posts and increases the quality of reports. Without responses it feels like "why should I care about reporting a post, the staff doesn't care if I do".

Other wise the forum staff do a pretty good job.
If a report is made that is valid you will see the result in the correction when you go back to the thread where the problem was. If you still see an issue it may not have met the reasons we edit things. Sometimes information is exchanged with the person who reports but not always.

If a report is made that is valid you will see the result in the correction when you go back to the thread where the problem was. If you still see an issue it may not have met the reasons we edit things. Sometimes information is exchanged with the person who reports but not always.

Or I may not as I may just miss seeing the thread again.

I get that the back room can be busy at times, and usually the staff is volunteer but feedback allows "training" of users and in the end you end up with more useful reports.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20