Have i pad mini 2 and phantom 4 and need help!!!!

Reaction score
As stated above, I have these two new devices and want to get started flying using satellites and GPS modes. New to the game and from Australia, can't even find out where I am and am not allowed to fly. So far, just few little back yard missions to get used to controllers and handling, but have only done this in S mode, as I can't seem to activate anything else on my home screen in other modes. Plz all help appreciated!!!!

Welcome...

The modes (P, S and ATTI) are controlled by the little switch on the top left corner of the controller. It has three positions, Up is 'P', the middle is 'S' and the lower position is ATTI.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't activate anything else on my home screen. What specifically can't you 'activate and how are you trying to activate it ??

Reactions: Fallguy
Hi thanx for replys. Well in S mode I can see everything on my screen through the drones camera, but no satellite reception in any mode. Bought the iPad with with wi fi and cellular, thinking I needed the data to connect to satellites to go on long missions where my drone is out of line of sight. But even with data on I can't get any satellite reception. So I have live feed through screen on iPad, but when I tap other icon in bottom right corner to show exactly where I am, it only shows me a satellite picture really grainy and looks like it's from a few kilometres in the sky. Don't I have to zoom right in to make my home point? Sorry if silly questions, new to this and only flown cheaper small drones with no camera or GPS.

Thanx. Have read manual, but people on here seem to know more and explain things more clearly. Cheers for help. Might look on u tube aswell. Really wanna get this thing working well , without destroying it. At the moment, love looking at it, but wanna see it flying and doing everything I see you guys on here doing!!! Lol

It sounds to me that you don't have your local area maps downloaded.

"...only satellite picture really grainy..."

If this is one of your issues, you can get the maps by 1. When connected to the Internet with your device (ipad), navigate the map to area you intend to fly. ipad will cache the map. 2.) When at your flight location, connect to the Internet (you said your ipad is cellular) so maps can be downloaded as needed.

I don't have cellular so I turn on my cell phone hot spot and connect the iPad to my phone's hot spot and thus the internet.

You know you can swap between fpv and the map view as needed, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues