Have DBS antenna need amp recomendations

I just ordered the ITE DBS-02 antenna from MAXXUAV.com. I figured from what I have read from m any users, it is about the best antenna you can get and looks tidy and clean too. I will try it un-boosted and boosted.

I tested the ITE DBS-02 antenna from MAXXUAV.com. I have to admit is was the best distance I have ever gotten and it was without amps. I tried to use it with some cheap 4watt amps and it was actually worse than without the amps. I need to try different combinations to see what works better. I suspect that boosting the control simply "steps on" the weaker video signal that is coming back. I may try an amp only on the video or only on the control and see what happens. So far I am happy with the antenna. It works great.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Guys, I have one question when using the amplifiers with dbs antennas or any other:

Can you fly lets say with switched off amps ? Will they pass through the signal when they are not powered or is the syste, dead basically in that case ?

What I would love is: fly most of the time with switched off amps, but switch them on in case you need the full penetration, but without any re-cabeling....

Guys, I have one question when using the amplifiers with dbs antennas or any other:

Can you fly lets say with switched off amps ? Will they pass through the signal when they are not powered or is the syste, dead basically in that case ?

What I would love is: fly most of the time with switched off amps, but switch them on in case you need the full penetration, but without any re-cabeling....
No, the amps will not pass the signal. You may get few hundred feet, but then the signal will drop off requiring you to turn on the amps. I've done this numerous times by accident :)

Yeah, with the amps off, the cable that leads from your tx to the amp becomes the effective antenna - and not a good one.

I was also hoping that there was a way to turn on boost but it seems like it is not possible. I have two little black amps from e-Bay but they honestly didn't seem to make a noticeable difference so I removed them. I may try them again with my DBS mod antenna.

Does the amp battery make a difference to the dbs or helical mod? I bought a kit from ebay with 2 sunhans amps but last minute the guy said, surprise, giving you a sleeker magnasonic battery that shows your battery life left instead of the sunhans dual battery, "you'll love it". So my question: does anyone know which is best or does it actually matter? Magnasonic vs sunhans (batteries only) Haven't received it yet but have paid for it....

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does the amp battery make a difference to the dbs or helical mod? I bought a kit from ebay with 2 sunhans amps but last minute the guy said, surprise, giving you a sleeker magnasonic battery that shows your battery life left instead of the sunhans dual battery, "you'll love it". So my question: does anyone know which is best or does it actually matter? Magnasonic vs sunhans (batteries only) Haven't received it yet but have paid for it....

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app
Battery should not matter only the mah is it 3000 4000.i have a 3000&6800 mah but I also fly for 2 hrs.

I got the set from maxxuav.eu, love it. it has a dual output for two amps, charging indicator, and mostly important an on/off switch, so i can let the usb cable plugged into the amps and just turn the switch. with 5000mah I can fly forever, would need much less normally, but ok.

I didn't think Sunhans made batteries. I've only seen their name associated with amps. The little blue batteries that most of us have been using for over a year now are 12 volts 3000 mAh with 2 leads and they'll fly two hours with one lead or one hour with two leads. It's small and light weight and with two amps, you just need one. It has an on/off switch and a tiny red lamp power indicator, but you can't tell how much power it has. The charger has a charge indicator (red/green lamp). I use mine for two flights (two leads), then recharge, although I can stretch to three flights if I had to. Biggest thing is remembering when you charged them? Was it last flight or two flights ago? So in that way, a percentage power indicator would be nice. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my little blue battery.

Edit: You need to be careful buying amp batteries - you want to be sure the leads will fit into your specific amp correctly. Not all power inputs accept the same sizes - not even on the Sunhans'. For example, a 4 watt Sunhans amp might take a different size than a 2 watt Sunhans amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jordanhess0319
I hate to jump into a thread about amp batteries, but I need help from people who use amps. I bought these a while back but never really seen a notable difference in range. Has anyone used them and if so what was your experience with them? I have the ITE DBS-02 now and love it. I have not added these amps to it yet. I added them to other antennas I had, but like I said, no difference in range noted.

I've never used those amps. But from what I've read from people on this site, the amps shown in your photo aren't worth a dime

That is what I am afraid of. I seen them for sale once with a P3 antenna setup but I can't remember where. I looked at the internals and they seem decently built but without a power meter who know what they are doing. One person said they need an attenuator to avoid the inputs being over driven. I would be surprised if they are a total scam and have no power output at all, but who knows?

P3pro and advanced use 2.4 for both control and video.

Inspire one uses 2.4 for both control and video as well but also uses 5.8 for slave remote (pilot & camera operator)

P3 standard and advanced use 2.4 for video and 5.8 for control (I could have those reversed)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I know this thread is old but I have a p3a and sunhan 2.4 amps. Use only 2.4 for both amps for a p3 advanced? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic