Have DBS antenna need amp recomendations

thanks for the info. does anyone know what connector type and gender are on the back of the DBS antenna? I won't be home for another week and I am trying to order some short cables to go from the amps to the antenna. Amp shows to be RP SMA Female to antenna end.

Thanks guys.

Here's my old setup with DBS antenna:
dbs2.JPG
dbs1.JPG

Here's the new Sunhans amps and battery I added recently:

sunhansbattery.JPG
sunhans.JPG

When I have a chance, I'll post photos of the actual setup on my controller.

Nice that's basically what I ordered last night with a different battery setup. Im interested to see your mounting setup.

Man that's good info thank you. More to read about. If anyone know the sequence please let us know. Thanks for the info on the cables.

There is absolutely no room on this forum for humor!!!!...... bahahahaha

Whenever I do get to the bottom of all this and make it work I'll post a how to with some part numbers so dumb asses like me can finger it out easier.
Whats "fingering it out" got to do with antennas?

Someone needs to design a slick mounting setup for these amps and battery so they cleanly attached to back of the RC with Velcro. The equipment holder should take into account the type of antenna used (FPVLR or DBS). The kit should include a 3D printed amp/battery holder so the devices just snap in and out, the right cables made custom for the holder, and the mounting velcro to attach to the back of the RC. The design should keep the rear push buttons on the RC accessible. Who's got a 3D printer to do this design?

This is so simple, you'd think FPVLR or DBS would have created this by now. Whoever gets to market first will be the winner. Seems so simple.

Last edited:
FPVLR does make one.also the one post on #19 in the section,Which is the one I use slaps right on and off. I actually have an extra one if anybody wants it $30

Whats "fingering it out" got to do with antennas?

If you have to ask..... lol

Just saves a lot of time.

I am not a big fan of how the FPVLR and the other white 3d printed brackets work. The white one on amazon/ebay isn't bad but is limited to the battery size for the lipo they plan to use with it.

I like the horizon fpv bracket a lot better but it isn't available yet.

I am gonna work on this when I get home in my shop and see what I can come up with for a sleek bracket.

I just received my ITELITE-DBS02 antenna and will be installing it tonight. I'm wondering how effective it is over the Windsurfer and how much more distance a Sunhans amp will add. Any general characterizations to make? I'm hoping at least Sunhans +DBS02 > DBS02 > Windsurfer.

But how much more is each step?

I have $109 in the antenna and about $250 in the amp/battery setup. That is with the gold 3 watt amps.

I could have saved about $80 and gone with the 2015 black amps or saved $100 with the 2.5w silver amps. I went with the more expensive gold so I could power them with the Anker pack.

I'm gonna try it with and without amps to see the difference. Right now I am averaging about 11kft stock P3A in north and south Texas. Furthest is 12800ft. Be interesting to see the difference.

I think it would be interesting to use the amps going to the dbs antenna to test distance. Then replace the dbs antenna with a pair of antennas, similar to the stock DJI antenna, screwing them right onto the output of the sunhans output. Then put windsurfer parabolic reflectors on those two amplified antennas.

Once that comparison is made the next test would be to space the two antennas apart about 8" and make wider and taller wind surfer antennas with a 2" distance between the parabolic reflector surface and each antenna. According to RFGuy in this forum the efficiency would dramatically increase.

well if you wanna send me the antennas I'll gladly test them out. My biggest concern is just making sure I don't burn up the radio.

I'm gonna try it with and without amps to see the difference. Right now I am averaging about 11kft stock P3A in north and south Texas. Furthest is 12800ft. Be interesting to see the difference.
Are you saying you get 12800 feet with only the ITE-DBS02 antenna? In what kind of conditions? Neighborhood with trees? Open field?

No I haven't made it home to install the antenna. I got 12800ft yesterday. That was in south Texas in oil field leases. My bird is currently a bone stock P3A, no mods aside from 32 channel (which didn't seem to change my range yet).

I live in North texas and have flown in my neighborhood. 10-30 acre lots with houses pretty spread out. I get about 11000ft there.

I have flown in Allen texas in more densely populated area and still was able to get 11000ft.

Right now it seems like when I run out of range with camera pointed away I can turn it towards me and yaw away and it keeps going further.

There is definitely an art to pointing remote directly at the bird to increase range and re connect when it starts dropping out.

I emailed horizon fpv in the UK yesterday and the owner responded that they are currently selling their brackets for the P3 amps/battery setups. I may end up trying one but first i am gonna try to build a plate.
I ordered some white 3/16 HDPE plastic sheet and some aluminum 1.25" threaded stand offs. Going to make a plate that clamps to the bar and bolts to lower back side of radio with the stand offs. Then strap amps and battery on top of plate between radio and plate.

Should be home middle of next week, I'll post up some pics of the progress.

I get about 2500 feet in my neighborhood with a Windsurfer flying at about 200 ft height. Houses are about 30 feet apart at the narrowest point. Mature neighborhood with lots of tall oaks. Curious to see if I can increase that distance with the dbs02.

I have read all the threads I can find on the subject of DBS/FPVLR antenna setups and cant quite find what I am after. If anyone knows of a thread where the following can be found please let me know. Thank you.

Please don't respond talking about the need for amps or any other b.s. I have read as much as I can on the subject and talked to a few people and have decided I want what I want, I just need help finding it.

I already have a DBS 02 antenna for my P3A (haven't made it back in town to install it and test yet).

I want to buy a booster/amp setup for it.

I have seen where some companies will sell you an entire setup like the FPVLR and Horizon FPV. I already have the antenna, I just need the amps, battery, and bracket setup. Doesn't look like FPVLR will sell theirs without their antenna as well.

I like how the Horizon FPV battery/amp/bracket setup looks/works under the RC. I can buy their Anker battery and amps separately. It looks like they will even eventually sell their kit without an antenna. It says expected release date was Feb 1st but doesn't look like it is for sale yet. And they are in England so shipping will be a nightmare.

Does anyone have any recommendations for parts to buy (battery,amps,bracket,cables) or complete kits (less antenna) and where to buy? I have seen the Sunhans gold 3 watt antenna online and it shows it comes with cables.... but what cables? and what cables do I need? I can TIG up a bracket fairly quickly so I don't want to pay a crazy amount of money just for a bracket, UNLESS ITS REALLY SHINY ;-)

Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you

I have read all the threads I can find on the subject of DBS/FPVLR antenna setups and cant quite find what I am after. If anyone knows of a thread where the following can be found please let me know. Thank you.

Please don't respond talking about the need for amps or any other b.s. I have read as much as I can on the subject and talked to a few people and have decided I want what I want, I just need help finding it.

I already have a DBS 02 antenna for my P3A (haven't made it back in town to install it and test yet).

I want to buy a booster/amp setup for it.

I have seen where some companies will sell you an entire setup like the FPVLR and Horizon FPV. I already have the antenna, I just need the amps, battery, and bracket setup. Doesn't look like FPVLR will sell theirs without their antenna as well.

I like how the Horizon FPV battery/amp/bracket setup looks/works under the RC. I can buy their Anker battery and amps separately. It looks like they will even eventually sell their kit without an antenna. It says expected release date was Feb 1st but doesn't look like it is for sale yet. And they are in England so shipping will be a nightmare.

Does anyone have any recommendations for parts to buy (battery,amps,bracket,cables) or complete kits (less antenna) and where to buy? I have seen the Sunhans gold 3 watt antenna online and it shows it comes with cables.... but what cables? and what cables do I need? I can TIG up a bracket fairly quickly so I don't want to pay a crazy amount of money just for a bracket, UNLESS ITS REALLY SHINY ;-)

Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you

I have a p3 advanced and installed the same sun Han gold amps your talking about. The come with all the right cables to make your connections. I installed the 2 amps on the back of my cell bracket and they fit perfectly. It's almost too perfect. The battery I installed under the belly. I did this with double stick tape so no holes drilled

Last edited:
I have a p3 advanced and installed the same Suchan gold amps your talking about. The come with all the right cables to make your connections. I installed the 2 amps on the back of my cell bracket and they fit perfectly. It's almost too perfect. The battery I installed under the belly. I did this with double stick tape so no holes drilled
Hello, where did you purchase your suchan gold amps.

Reactions: Long range Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj