Have anyone tryed yet ??

I haven't... but I plan on downloading the free discovery app and giving it a whirl this weekend if the weather on the East Coast cooperates.

So the computer requirements are pretty intensive, I had to use a server at work just to run the app. After getting things running all I can say is I am in way over my head right now. It will takes a long time before I will be able to accomplish anything as this is a very advanced software. My first bridges I will need to cross are:
Terminology - as I said this is very advanced looking right now, there are fundamentals I must learn first. This is not something you just tinker with
PV2+ camera issues - I am really not sure how the PV2+ is really going to work with this solution for 2 reasons. First the amount of time it takes the PV2+ to actually take a picture, it is long and a lot of images are needed. Second the GPS info for the images which is needed by the software (or at least it looks that way) Is the GPS info even included in image exif data??? I am not sure :?:
since winter is coming I am going to invest some time to check it out because it really does look awesome and if anyone else is please contact me, maybe we can help each other out learning the ropes, but I can guarantee this will be a slow process

It's certainly an interesting idea. I assume as a plebian with a lowly Phantom 1.1.1 that I have no ability to use such an app?

I find this to be a really fascinating use of technology and would love a shot to mess around with it if I could. So many real world applications for this technology that I have to imagine this field continues to grow in the next decade.

From what I have read so far with it the 1.1.1 is not supported as it sits stock. The PV2+ and PV2 are and the Phantom can be with the addition of something like a flytrex. If weather holds out for this weekend I am going to make my first attempt at it and will post results.
I will not be able to process it until work on Monday as I said the computer requirements needed are robust. They are working on adding "cloud" processing soon which will change that. I think the time for upload/download and data requirements will make that type of process very long.

The Website says recommended was 6-core i7 with 32 GB ram. That's a pretty intense setup. I don't think most people have access to a machine that powerful. I guess such an application requires real computer muscle, but even for an intensive program that's a bit excessive.

This thread is making both my drone and my PC feel inadequate. It's time to get off the internet before I empty my bank account balance on purchases impossible to justify.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj