Have any P3S owners had issues with shell cracks?

M_W

Reaction score
I've read a lot about P2V/P3P/A having issues with their shells developing stress cracks. I haven't had any problems with it *yet*, but have been getting worried that it might eventually happen to my P3S. A theory that I've heard is that the screws were over torqued during assembly. Some people have suggested loosening and retightening all the screws, but I don't want to mess with it unless I have to. I've heard of the UAVBits Strong Arm kit, but again I'd rather not have to use it.

So have the cracking issues been resolved by now? If not, what can/should I do to prevent it?

I've read a lot about P2V/P3P/A having issues with their shells developing stress cracks. I haven't had any problems with it *yet*, but have been getting worried that it might eventually happen to my P3S. A theory that I've heard is that the screws were over torqued during assembly. Some people have suggested loosening and retightening all the screws, but I don't want to mess with it unless I have to. I've heard of the UAVBits Strong Arm kit, but again I'd rather not have to use it.

So have the cracking issues been resolved by now? If not, what can/should I do to prevent it?
At 19 flights since I got my P3S and no problems. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Reactions: M_W
At 19 flights since I got my P3S and no problems. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Most issues I've seen start happening after 40 flights or so. I know I probably shouldn't worry about it, but I just can't help it. I reckon I'll settle down after I've owned it for awhile. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic