have any ideas?

Reaction score
was thinking about trying to lighten up my P3A, other than pulling stickers off.
anyone have some thoughts about how i can shed some weight off the bird without doing any major structural damage? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

was thinking about trying to lighten up my P3A, other than pulling stickers off.
anyone have some thoughts about how i can shed some weight off the bird without doing any major structural damage? thanks
I suspect that DJI have already done it for you.
They haven't left much baggage on the Phantom.

the only thing you could do to lighten it is to remove the camera/gimbal. Some people did that with their Phantom 2's to have a more agile quad but I suspect it would defeat the purpose for most.

Reactions: Romans109
I can't imagine why you'd want to do this. I agree with Meta above.

I just read Martian where the guy stuck on Mars had to lighten his escape craft to get off the planet and into orbit for a rescue. One of the things removed was the windshield and much of the surrounding bulkhead. In that spirit, you could remove the top lid of the P3 and somehow figure out how to secure the GPS module, but your aerodynamics would be messed up bad. So then you'd want to drill a few dozen holes in the wings. Since you've gone this far, you might as well perforate the battery compartment. How bad do you need that landing gear?

Good luck.

Yeah, mine was a lot lighter after the gimble snapped off. Whats your plan/goal my friend

Take out the battery, it will be crash- proof then.

On serious note, you can remove camera, gimbal, VPS,.......

Take out the battery, it will be crash- proof then.

On serious note, you can remove camera, gimbal, VPS,.......
If you only use a half full battery, you can save some weight. Those electrons aren't very heavy individually, but there are so many of them...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik