Have an opportunity and need some help deciding

Reaction score
So I am looking at taking the jump up to a phantom...

my choices are a stock Phantom Vision for $1199.99

or I can get the Phantom 2 that is coming out as follows

Phantom 2 + H3-2D Gimbal : $ 899
FPV - Transmitter : $ 75 (600 mw or 400 mw)
FPV Screen - High Quality - 7" - with built-in Dual Diversity Receiver - 32 CH - $ 200
Bracket to mount the Screen : $ 15
iOSD : $ 73.5
Misc. Cable and Connectors - $ 15
Installation and testing of FPV : $ 65

TOTAL : $ 1342

all prices in Canadian.... Free shipping to me

question is which one is better?

Phantom Vision with built in camera and use Iphone for FPV. would need range extender on the Wifi so tack on another $100 for this all in (shipping from HK) (aka uncle's solution)

or the Phantom 2 with 7inch dedicated screen

I do already have my own GoPro camera so not really worried either way..

for this spend I want to make sure I am getting the most for my $$

any advice would be helpful.

thanks
Tim

Ohhh I forgot about the free battery offer...

I emailed the retailer to see if they would give me the battery on the Phantom 2 as well will let everyone know

I'd be sceptical of the "high quality" LCD screen with in built 32ch receiver for only $200. I'm an eBay addict too and I know you can get 7" LCD screens from $50, but when your relying on the screen to see what your doing, you want to make sure you can see what you need to see.

My first screen cost me $70~ once I decided to replace it, I asked others who had been thought this same process, and eventually went with a $330 7" LCD (no receiver!), from memory it's 1000cd/mm bright (to cope with outdoor sunlight), brand - skylark FPV or something like that.

This is actually from multirotorheli.ca in Alberta Canada. They are a dealer for dji. I found them on dji'so website as one of 3 Canadian dealers

They sell the vision for 1199 Canadian
The phantom2 w gimbal is 899

So I emailed dji about if they would offer the free battery for new purchases of phantom 2.
They replied that it was a deal for the phantom and vision

I personally don't care about. Super hi def vid. I like the idea of taking 14 megapixel photos and decent video
My concern about the phantom vision is the controller operates at 5ghz. And vid at 2ghz. Are not standard radios 2ghz. For more distance.

Then I see posts on here saying a screw adjustment on the P2V radio gives much more distance and extending wifi is possible so I don't know

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj