Haunted DJI GO app

Mine is doing this, but only after I try to offload photos or video from the P3 to my tablet (Iconia Tab 8)

Idk if you got an answer for this but my app started doing this too! Even when my phone was on silent. I was at work in a patients room and it said "welcome to your aircraft. Please complete the aircraft stabilization before taking off". And my app was closed too!

I just updated to the DJI GO app on my Galaxy S5 and had a successful flight yesterday, no problems at all. About an hour after flight I was sitting at the computer and my phone randomly said "Welcome to your aircraft, please complete the aircraft status before taking off". I thought maybe it was a fluke because I hadn't closed the app in the background so I closed it from the background and then about 3 hours later it said the same thing again. The app was not running. Has anyone else seen this?
I have had the same issue on my Note 5! It first did it when I was talking on the phone! Came right through the ear speaker while I was talking! Now it just came on when I was watching a YouTube video on Harley Davidson motorcycles lol. Completely random! What is going on here? I have never connected to the quad, as it is broken awaiting a new camera and gimbal.

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one with this happening.
My Galaxy 5 automatically updated the Go app with the last update. I have since turned off auto-updating. I also have the vision app for my P2vision + v-3 that I have been flying since April on the phone. I have yet to fly my P3A, too long of a story...
I get the same announcement, probably 5 times now. Startled me the first time. Last time she started talking it was identical to what others have stated. I'm sure glad others are experiencing this and I'm not alone.
I have a lot of things to get done before I can get my P3A up to date and working with an Ipad mini 2 wi-fi.
This forum is great for info. I'm a little bit over-whelmed right now but it seems pretty clear I'll have to get my act together.
Thanks all for your help.

Perhaps somehow one of your phone or tablet's notification sounds got set to or overwritten by the Go app's sound file?

-- Roger

on my Samsung S4, that happened too. And sometimes it feel scary, hehehe.

Just reminding that Android has some kind of auto-start services, so when we killed an apps, there is a chance that app will be started again.

CMIIW.

Happened to me as well last night (Sony Xperia Z3 mobile phone) No problem with my IOS devices

Last edited:
It happens to my galaxy s5 every couple days. Any other discussions regarding this phenomenon with a possible resolution?

It very well could be an inter dimensional being from a parallel universe that was using a communication
device powered by an off world power source. The being was using the device as it entered our world
and somehow affected your phone. Beware as this creature might have used Google maps to discover
your location. Be prepared for a visitor that you might not be able to see.

Reactions: X3n0
It looks like the GO app on the android has a process that is continuing to run, even if the app is exited. This can also explain the battery drainage observed in another thread.
This is probably a bug, but could also be spyware. The fact that parts of apps can continue to run in the background, even when the app is terminated is very problematic. Just imagine that the renegade process could use your microphone , camera and GPS and send all sorts of information somewhere.... Goodbye privacy....

My problem has vanished after the latest FW update...hoorray, no more scary skynet voice! :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31