Haunted DJI GO app

Reaction score
I just updated to the DJI GO app on my Galaxy S5 and had a successful flight yesterday, no problems at all. About an hour after flight I was sitting at the computer and my phone randomly said "Welcome to your aircraft, please complete the aircraft status before taking off". I thought maybe it was a fluke because I hadn't closed the app in the background so I closed it from the background and then about 3 hours later it said the same thing again. The app was not running. Has anyone else seen this?

Reactions: PhantomFoxtrot
No lie, for a minute I thought the P3 had turned itself on, then I remembered I had taken the battery out after flight. Now if the battery had been in when I looked I really would have declared a Skynet alert.

Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll stay on the Pilot app. I certainly don't want a haunted tablet or phone around. Haha;)

Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll stay on the Pilot app. I certainly don't want a haunted tablet or phone around. Haha;)

For what it's worth, I took mine out this morning with the new app and it worked fine. I spent the night doing an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration, though. Oh and now my horizon has the same tilt, just in the opposite direction lol. (I blame it on LandShark)

No issues with my S5 and DJI Go. Did you have your phone plugged into your computer?
Nope, the first time it was sitting on the table while I was editing video, the second time it happened I was walking to bed. That was after 3 hours and I had closed all the background apps.

When I had my app connected (when it wasn't crashing) it kept taking pictures, 172 pictures to be precise and I could do nothing until I got the P3 back and landed and switched off. Lol

Try resetting your phone, perhaps by powering it off and removing the battery. I've noticed that the new GO app engages immediately when the controller is connected, which is kind-of creepy. But I've gotten used to it. It's probably running in the background and didn't disengage correctly in your case. If all that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling the app, and check your storage and free space from the settings. If it's maxed out, delete all the cached stuff and remove unneeded photos, etc., to free up space.

Try resetting your phone, perhaps by powering it off and removing the battery. I've noticed that the new GO app engages immediately when the controller is connected, which is kind-of creepy. But I've gotten used to it. It's probably running in the background and didn't disengage correctly in your case. If all that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling the app, and check your storage and free space from the settings. If it's maxed out, delete all the cached stuff and remove unneeded photos, etc., to free up space.
Thanks for the recommendations, I actually work in IT so I'm not completely inept on tech haha. I think you're right though, it seems like the part of the app that talks is stuck in memory somewhere and is randomly deciding to talk, which I think is caused by some programmer being lazy and not telling the program to return the memory it was using once it is shutdown. I just wanted to post updates so if anyone else has this issue we can keep a record of it and maybe someone at DJI will fix it.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Well mine went off at 230am saying aircraft has been located... even weirder is that I have never used my phone to connect to the phantom. It's just a backup in case the iPad freaks out. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. Lol

Reactions: bobmyers
I deleted cashe, and uninstalled the app and then re-installed it.

Took it out for a flight yesterday evening for about 15-20 mins, did not crash on me and ran really smooth without issues and bug out.

Will fly again this evening and see how it goes.

No more auto pictures lol last time I could not stop taking pictures and there was nothing I could do.

Well mine went off at 230am saying aircraft has been located... even weirder is that I have never used my phone to connect to the phantom. It's just a backup in case the iPad freaks out. I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. Lol
Mine also went off again around 230am. I did not use the app at all yesterday..Skynet confirmed lol. Just curious was this iOS or Android?

Mine also went off again around 230am. I did not use the app at all yesterday..Skynet confirmed lol. Just curious was this iOS or Android?
Android (Note 3) It happened twice at starting at 2:30am. I first made sure no apps were running and then it went off again. Very weird since I never run the app on the phone.

Android (Note 3) It happened twice at starting at 2:30am. I first made sure no apps were running and then it went off again. Very weird since I never run the app on the phone.
It's definitely a weird issue, after it happened to me the first two times that I posted about, I figured it was something stored in memory after flight that just kept getting triggered but I restarted the phone yesterday and didn't touch the GO app at all and it happened, much like what you're talking about.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic