hated dual batteries

Reaction score
I tryed dual batteries today just for fun , as i had the batteries around and the mounts where costing me only a few euros.
Ok it gave me nearly five minutes more flight i went from 8.5 minutes to 12.8 minutes but my phantom became from flying hornet to a flying elephant ... not much fun anymore ,,,, so to all guys out there just go for dual batteries Only if you cant land and replace battery and continue filming.

I can imagine.
So many people get duped into gong the dual battery route with aspirations of longer flight times, only to discover that you end up with a Phantom that flies like a pig for 50% longer. (also puts more strain on the motors and props).

meanwhile, you CAN achieve twice the flight time by just sticking with flying with one battery, landing and taking off again with the 2nd battery :D

Gizmo3000 said:
I can imagine.
So many people get duped into gong the dual battery route with aspirations of longer flight times, only to discover that you end up with a Phantom that flies like a pig for 50% longer. (also puts more strain on the motors and props).

meanwhile, you CAN achieve twice the flight time by just sticking with flying with one battery, landing and taking off again with the 2nd battery :D

Well said ..... Gizmo ....

I had the same experience.

I bought the CF "wings" that hang off the side, strapped on two batteries and promptly nosed over on take -off (twice).

Finally got it off the ground and it wasn't any fun. I only got about 30% longer flight, if that.

Not worth the hassle IMO.

I agree. GWS 9x5 tri-blades make it much more maneuverable again though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.