Hate to add another crack thread

Relax and just fly your bird. It´s been said that only a small fraction of P3 may develop cracks, most are OK. Keep an eye out on the shell, and as a rule on every other part of your P3 - that´s nothing out of ordinary, should be standard procedure just as it is with general RC aircrafts and other hobby models. Good luck and happy flying!

A small fraction is more than enough to be concerned when people have spent so much on these things.

I would not advise anyone to ignore cracks for many reasons.

Either get it replaced by the dealer or see what DJI say. If it's a p4 I would be sending it back to the dealer for a replacement.. Cracks should not keep happening like this.

A small fraction is more than enough to be concerned when people have spent so much on these things.

I would not advise anyone to ignore cracks for many reasons.

Either get it replaced by the dealer or see what DJI say. If it's a p4 I would be sending it back to the dealer for a replacement.. Cracks should not keep happening like this.

Cracks do happen, but the noise (understandably) generated make it seem a bigger issue than it is in reality. Lots of P3s flying without cracks or problems for long periods everywhere, so if you´re buying a P3 or P4 right now there´s no point in obssessing with it, since there´s no way to know if it will crack or not. I never said to ignore it, just that keeping an eye on the AC (pre and post flight check) should be standard procedure, regardless of cracks or whatever. But untill something happens, that´s all we can do.

Super glue is brittle and attacks most plastics.

I fail to see how this would be a better choice than epoxy resin.

Have you tried it?
It works great. I don't prefer epoxy for this application since superglue with baking soda is faster, less messy, and less expensive.

Strange......i even start noticing cracks on RC`s.......like mine!

Yeah, so unless pilots are suffering some sort of Hulk Syndrome when their P3s are in dangerous situations, it´s another indication (if not evidence) that the problem is indeed in the plastic mix!

Reactions: Mordor
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Another cracked shell this is the 4th one now really tired of it!!! Just think at 80.00 each I only need to replace 6 more that will be a totall of 800.00 on shell replacement oooooooohhhhh boy can't wait!!!!There should be a class action law suit made against dji!!! To many of us have this same problem only thing is dji has more money.how ever they do have biggggggg problems with this shell they should be considering the liability of it all!!! Any ways not going to replace it again and again cracks happen yaaaaaa right!!!So this is what I did if it cracks again well HS!!!

Last edited:
What did you use? Plastic Aid?

Dont forget to aply in the center and all over the screws....

And don't forget to send this to DJI. Maybe they'll send you some glue.

What did you use? Plastic Aid?

Dont forget to aply in the center and all over the screws....
I used crazy glue and a powder it came as a kit 2 parts.i have used bondic it don't cut it,tried hot glue it don't work here in Canada we don't have plasti aid have to order it from eBay the price of that I might as well order a new shell.but yes I will give that a try on the next shell replacement!!

View attachment 48689 Look at this this is the new improved shell???? I am getting so tired of this problem.this is the 3rd shell.
It sure looks like the crack is related to the reinforcement plate mounting screw. Maybe the screw is too long?
IMHO the reinforcement plate mod is absolutely necessary - not to stop cracks but to prevent the motor from totally separating from the arm!
IMG_2297_large.jpg

Last edited:
It sure looks like the crack is related to the reinforcement plate mounting screw. Maybe the screw is too long?
IMHO the reinforcement plate mod is absolutely necessary - not to stop cracks but to prevent the motor from totally separating from the arm!
View attachment 58894
Yes I have both carbon fibre strong arms and alloy I did pre flite check it was fine.after flite I noticed the cracks.how ever I did a full throttle ascent at that time.so it's my guess that's what caused it.i have now removed the strong arm plates going to see what happens...

Yes I have both carbon fibre strong arms and alloy I did pre flite check it was fine.after flite I noticed the cracks.how ever I did a full throttle ascent at that time.so it's my guess that's what caused it.i have now removed the strong arm plates going to see what happens...
Bummer! I also ordered both carbon fiber and alloy plates. Wanted to compare and use what works best. Now I don't know...

Well they both work good alloy are stronger the Carbon fiber lighter.8grams for CF 32 gr alloy for me it was about weight but strength is good to!!!

Encouraging news: Just received a new P3A and no cracks! The first thing I did was to check the screws to see if they had been tightened by an orangutang. To my surprise they were just snugged up the way they should be. So many ops on this forum have reported cracks along with extremely tight screws. Maybe DJI has improved their quality control.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Yesterday I had the chance to see a p4 shell and p3 shell.p4 shell is thicker body better bracing it is much better quality.to bad I can not put p3 in p4 shell!!!

You would think on the assembly line they would use some form of electric torg. drivers that are pre-set with the correct amount of force to tighten all screws on the body, I;m wondering if these new birds showing cracks around motor mounts were a particular batch, maybe the drivers were off that day(s).
Or, are they all "Monday" birds!

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
View attachment 58894

Is this a detached motor with a reinforcement plate? I'm on the fence and thinking about getting them. All these stories about cracks have me nervous when I fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31