Hate it when this happens...

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a repair or replacement that won't cost $200? I do have the ear that snapped off (don't ask how just THAT piece broke, I've no clue) and I most certainly WILL be getting a gimbal guard/protector for the landing feet. Any and all suggestions most appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN5852.JPG
    DSCN5852.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 597
Well that sucks. Check with @hunch to see if he can assist you with repair or search the classifieds for a replacement camera assembly.

PS - found the perfect avatar for you. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Squirrel!
They make an epoxy for plastics. I have had very good luck with it. You can get it at walmart. I use 2 layers. First layer to glue it and then a second to coat the first layer.

I broke the gimbal plate on mine, during it's second flight. Prior to ordering a replacement from DJI, I went by a drone shop here in town, that specializes in the DJIs. Now from he told me, you can still fly it with three tabs. I did it with mine until the replacement parts came in.

Attachments

• DSCN5938.JPG
    DSCN5938.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 464
  • DSCN5941.JPG
    DSCN5941.JPG
    448.4 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCN5942.JPG
    DSCN5942.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN5943.JPG
    DSCN5943.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCN5944.JPG
    DSCN5944.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCN5945.JPG
    DSCN5945.JPG
    403.7 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCN5946.JPG
    DSCN5946.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 454
  • DSCN5948.JPG
    DSCN5948.JPG
    437.7 KB · Views: 419
Reactions: Techcop50
The one I linked to in my post. ;)
Somehow I missed that :) You still going to get a replacement part or just keep on with the repair?

Pretty sure just sticking with the repair. Going to let it cure overnight before testing in flight, but I don't forsee any issues as long as I stop crashing it. I am VERY happy again! But I DO need longer landing legs and a brace between the legs to protect the camera/gimbal. Just gotta find 'em. ;)

Pretty sure just sticking with the repair. Going to let it cure overnight before testing in flight, but I don't forsee any issues as long as I stop crashing it. I am VERY happy again! But I DO need longer landing legs and a brace between the legs to protect the camera/gimbal. Just gotta find 'em. ;)
Find them here.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I broke the gimbal plate on mine, during it's second flight. Prior to ordering a replacement from DJI, I went by a drone shop here in town, that specializes in the DJIs. Now from he told me, you can still fly it with three tabs. I did it with mine until the replacement parts came in.
Can you give me the name of that shop.....so I know to go somewhere else. If one of the rubber dampers is even hanging lower, you end up getting warnings of gimbal overload, and eventually, your gimbal will die a slow and agonizing death.

Can you give me the name of that shop.....so I know to go somewhere else. If one of the rubber dampers is even hanging lower, you end up getting warnings of gimbal overload, and eventually, your gimbal will die a slow and agonizing death.

It was Built Drones on Atlantic. I only ran mine for a week, before my mounting plate came in. That's the only store I know of in Jacksonville.

Off topic, since you mentioned it. Do I need all four pegs in the gimbal? Or just the dampeners?

It was Built Drones on Atlantic. I only ran mine for a week, before my mounting plate came in. That's the only store I know of in Jacksonville.

Off topic, since you mentioned it. Do I need all four pegs in the gimbal? Or just the dampeners?
2 pegs, diagonally opposite, and 4 dampeners.

I've thought about putting 4 pegs, but theyre kind of a ***** to get off, and two will keep it from dropping off. Thought about elec. wire ties too, but I'd have to cut them off every time I worked on the gimbal or changed dampers, so I left it at two.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic