Has the RTH issue been fixed now in the p4?

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So DJI sent me a brand new p4 this week with a new battery since they found an issue with the RTH software in my original drone ! I'm using the DJI go 4 app to fly. Ow with out any issues. Just curious since this was an RTH issue with my original drone, how do we know DJI has fixed the issue in the p4. Also I was using the DJI go app not the DJI go 4 when I had the crash in January. Would that have caused the crash? Just would like to know the issue has been fixed bc I see several on here with RTH issues still.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jogforfitness
From what I have been reading, the issue is with android versions of the app causing it to RTH to a new location. The crashing severity is dependent on the new location as I have seen some people recover their drones intact. I have yet to read of iOS versions giving trouble and I use the dji go4 version on my iPhone with absolutely no issues. Your RTH issue may not have been related to the app if you are on iOS but possibly something else. The P4 by all accounts, including my own experience is a very stable platform with zero issues other than mostly operator error.

From what I have been reading, the issue is with android versions of the app causing it to RTH to a new location. The crashing severity is dependent on the new location as I have seen some people recover their drones intact. I have yet to read of iOS versions giving trouble and I use the dji go4 version on my iPhone with absolutely no issues. Your RTH issue may not have been related to the app if you are on iOS but possibly something else. The P4 by all accounts, including my own experience is a very stable platform with zero issues other than mostly operator error.

Yea I was using iOS device when it crashed and was on the old DJI go app. But I'm glad the DJI go 4 is dedicated now to p4 so that should help resolve any RTH issues. P4 is an amazing machine!

Last edited:
Yea I was using iOS device when it crashed and was on the old DJI go app. But I'm glad the DJI go 4 is dedicated now to p4 so that should help resolve any RTH issues. P4 is an amazing machine!

I've never had RTH or any other flying issues with iOS, not saying it would never happen, but as you stated, the P4 is a good platform.

Reactions: Dramface460
Did DJI ever explain in detail why they fixed your Phantom under warranty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31