Has anyone used this case for carry-on?

Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyone who has this case has carried it on a plane, specifically on Southwest:

DJI Phantom 4 Wheeled Case | GPC, Inc.

In theory it would appear to be slightly too wide: 10 x 18 x 21" versus 10 x 16 x 24” (Southwest requirements), but I’m wondering in practice if it will fit.

Thanks for your help.

I personally use the Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450 AW. I have travelled significantly with it as a carry-on, internationally as well and i have never encountered any problem. It s a backpack , comfortable enough for decent distant hikes with plenty of room for your phantom and a dslr camera. It s not cheap, but it s built accordingly to the price tag. Lately i ve seen the price dropping in some sites.

Reactions: ChuckH
I think you'll have issues trying to carry on that hard case. 10"is a problem on 737s. I'm surprised southwest says that's ok, I fly them all the time.

In theory it would appear to be slightly too wide: 10 x 18 x 21" versus 10 x 16 x 24” (Southwest requirements), but I’m wondering in practice if it will fit.
In practice, it exceeds Southwest's requirements. If you didn't already buy the above GPC case, then get the compact version instead. It meets Southwest's requirements.

I'd suggest the Think Tank Helipak for $150. It's airline complaint 21x14x9" for carry on. I go everywhere with my P4 as carry on. Backpacks are lighter and easier to tote versus hard cases. Never had an issue.

Thanks for all the input. I haven't bought yet; I guess I'll have to give backpacks another look.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik