Has anyone used their P2 H3-3D as a handheld gimbal?

Reaction score
this guy on youtube claims to being doing this. LEDs covered up and props removed.

video is pretty stable.

was wondering who has done this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am aware of handheld gimbals, thanks for the link...

but that wasn't my question...

I was filming at an elephant camp with a Vision Plus. At 200 feet, the Phantom scared the elephants. I did a few hand-held close-up shots and learned I am nowhere near as stable as my P2V+.

You might be interested in this.

You can search titles for "Great Idea" (which is vague enough to be a horoscope,) but Milly posted about a product called Elephantom yesterday, which makes the Phantom easier to hold as a hand-held gimbal.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/great-idea.46249/#post-429525

well again, appreciate the link, but when I buy a handheld gimbal it will be a Feiyu G4 3 Axis
I really just wanted to see if others had tried with their phantoms.

can you post the clip that you made...

thanks again...

Take a look at the Elephantom. It's not a gimbal but rather a handle that allows you to more easily use your Phantom as a hand-held gimbal. Just a piece of plastic, really.

Elephant camp video is here:

Take a look at the Elephantom. It's not a gimbal but rather a handle that allows you to more easily use your Phantom as a hand-held gimbal. Just a piece of plastic, really.

Elephant camp video is here:

cool, so you were just holding your phantom when you were on the ground by the elephant.

went back and checked elephantom. kinda slick... thanks for the headsup...

btw, were you just holding your phantom on the landing gear? or did you buy an elephantom?

Just holding the Phantom. I have no firsthand experience with the Elephantom. Funny that's the name of the product and that's what I could have used it for.

ok, well I tried it... just used the legs as handles and removed the props. obviously some slower turning is needed...

not bad, not perfect, but way better than a selfie stick or grenade grip.

think I might try to create a pvc tray of some sort to hold it ;) we'll see...

so I got to messing around with some PVC and zip ties...

IMG_1441_zpskqlzspom.jpg

left side of video is holding the landing gear. right side is in the work-in-progress DIY tray/gimbal/mount...

gonna keep working the PVC invention so it can hold a couple LED lights, maybe a microphone and definitely a Z1 Rider Gimbal.

work-in-progress.

I think the right side is an improvement. worked a little on my heel-to-walking also. ;)

oops, forgot to mention the ipad mini will be mounted on the rig as well. so the gopro can wifi stream to it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.