Has anyone used Drone Base?

for those with a Phantom 4 pro using Litchi.
What is the best settings to get the 45 and 0 degree pictures for pano missions?

Here are the settings i have
Rows: 2
Top Row Angle: 0
Photo per row: 12
Width: 360
Nadirs: 1
Capture Strategy: Row by Row

I have done a total of 4 Pano missions so far on DroneBase. I have been paid for 2 of them, and I received the payments only 3 or 4 days after the flights were submitted.

for those with a Phantom 4 pro using Litchi.
What is the best settings to get the 45 and 0 degree pictures for pano missions?

Here are the settings i have
Rows: 2
Top Row Angle: 0
Photo per row: 12
Width: 360
Nadirs: 1
Capture Strategy: Row by Row

I am similar with the P3 4K except:

Photos per row: 13
Capture Strategy: Column by column - seems faster and has less rotational error in stitching.

Mavic:

Same settings except:

Rows: 4
Columns: 9

Just got the P4 Pro - presumably the same FoV as the P3 4K (didn't check!) and therefore the same settings.

Reactions: jvmoore1
I am similar with the P3 4K except:

Photos per row: 13
Capture Strategy: Column by column - seems faster and has less rotational error in stitching.

Mavic:

Same settings except:

Rows: 4
Columns: 9

Just got the P4 Pro - presumably the same FoV as the P3 4K (didn't check!) and therefore the same settings.
The p4pro has a narrow field of view, not quite as narrow as the mavic but is is more narrow than the P4 or any of the P3 line. I do 3 rows of 12 pictures each and they have always stiched fine

Reactions: jvmoore1
Point Blur_Jan252017_123054.jpg
I use this while out doing commercial work, helps to look more official.....just a simple name badge holder.

Last edited:
seems like Drone Base has about a 50% approval rating from the folks on here. I still want to get my 107 and give it a shot

I practiced on my own house for weeks before I ventured out. Goodluck on the test.

Thank you. I have already passed the sample 107 test on the FAA site which I think puts me in the ballpark.

Did you try that one out before the proper test?

Thank you. I have already passed the sample 107 test on the FAA site which I think puts me in the ballpark.

Did you try that one out before the proper test?
I self studied off of the Faa study guide and youtube videos , along with some help from this website and google. I always did a research on anything I didn't understand. I work a full-time job so it did take a bit longer.

I self studied off of the Faa study guide and youtube videos , along with some help from this website and google. I always did a research on anything I didn't understand. I work a full-time job so it did take a bit longer.

same same. I'm fascinated by much of this and totally can see how people get sucked into being a pilot

same same. I'm fascinated by much of this and totally can see how people get sucked into being a pilot
Understanding classes of airspace gets a little tricky. But weather Is what brought my grade low on the test...just saying.

Yeah I definitely don't have a high post count I'm just shy of $600 at this point. Haven't had a chance to fly lately weathers been absolutely terrible. I was looking at my logs each flight averages 4-5 minutes uploading takes maybe 5 minutes. So as long as your not going way out of your way is $20-30 worth 10minutes of work. I'm really hoping as this company progresses and gets their name out there it will be client missions.... and I'm guessing for those of us that take on more pano missions and show them our commitment those client missions will be handed out based on experience level just my guess

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I was trying to use DronePan today to automate the process. I did that because I watched your YouTube video. Worked pretty well, but it appears to have a large white hole in the results. Could you share your settings for DronePan?

I was trying to use DronePan today to automate the process. I did that because I watched your YouTube video. Worked pretty well, but it appears to have a large white hole in the results. Could you share your settings for DronePan?

Does dronepan take the straight down photo?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've only done one pano mission of a commercial property so far, but was paid a $20 few days later. So litchi paid for itself after one mission, not too bad.

I've only done one pano mission of a commercial property so far, but was paid a $20 few days later. So litchi paid for itself after one mission, not too bad.
That's a positive attitude, I figure just let it build up and invest it back into your business.

so far, it's not really a business. I'm also a private pilot, so it was a no-brainer for me to take the FAA online exam and submit my paperwork to get my part 107.

and just like with flying an airplane, I'm always looking for a "mission" or any excuse to go flying. I'm not sure how the dronebase business model will evolve over time, but for now, it gives me an excuse to go fly, and if it allows me to buy another battery or two, even better. :)

I came across an interesting episode of the askdroneu podcast where they speak with Nick from dronebase:

ADU 0505: DRONEBASE QUESTION AND ANSWER - All your questions for them answered by Nick Osgood from DroneBase | Free Podcasts | PodOmatic"

IMO, definitely worth a listen.

Has anyone here done missions in Texas? I am legal to do DroneBase work from the FAA perspective but after reading Chapter 423: Use of Unmanned Aircraft that the Texas Legislature passed a few years ago for the Texas Privacy Act I am beginning to think DroneBase is illegal in Texas. Are there any DronePilots from Texas that have looked into the legality of this? The way that I am seeing it is if you don't have permission from the property owner to shoot the property then you're breaking the law. Assuming you do have permission (which is impractical because the owner probably isn't there all the time), you also need permission from all of the properties you capture when you do a panorama. I have contacted DroneBase about this but they will only respond with "Yes, we have pilots in Texas" but won't speak to the legality which is understandable I suppose. I hope I am wrong about this because I would love to do work for DroneBase but at this point it seems like a no no from the state standpoint. I have attached a link to the Texas drone laws below Thoughts?

Chapter 423

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20