Has anyone updated to the new firmware successfully yet?

Reaction score
I know its been a few days now and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what kind of results you have had. If its working right will I need to update my DJI app as well? I uninstalled the latest DJI app because of camera crashing issues and installed the previous version.

I did the v3.10 update. I have the vision+V3. So far I have 2 issues: 1. The IMU calibration can take a long time or even fail to calibrate. 2. Both the wheel gimbal control on the new RC and the Vision app no longer work (essentially the gimbal control is gone). I hope they fix the bugs soon.

Crap. I think I need to update my battery. Getting some discharge warning on my app screen. Happened to a buddy of mine and he said it stopped when he uppdated his to 2.0.6.

I have upgrade all and it went in fine and have flown about 8 times with no problems at all . I really can't see any changes as everything works the same the app just has that tab now .

Just did it. It doesn't seem to want to get out of ATTI mode. Only picking up 3-4 Sattelites. I didn't fly and was inside my home but I have not had a problem finding sattelites in my home before. I will take it for a fly, or at least try tomorrow.

I think you will find no difference in the amount of sats you are getting with this new firmware or I didn't anyway . Maybe it was just the placement of them in the sky when you tried .

I did update mine, things seemed ok, then yesterday i lost site of the quad and hit the RTH switch, but it didnt come home, when it eventually landed after the battery went low i watched the video, the quad spent 4 minutes or so in the air spinning round and round before making its way home, could have been a loose cable or it could have been the update.

Did the update and calibration, 5 sats in the house, and went outside and quickly did the compass dance(12 degrees outside)and all appears to be OK. Did not fly in that crazy temperature so that part of the upgrade is still "up in the air." App looks like it works in the house. So......?

crash1sttime said:
I did update mine, things seemed ok, then yesterday i lost site of the quad and hit the RTH switch, but it didnt come home, when it eventually landed after the battery went low i watched the video, the quad spent 4 minutes or so in the air spinning round and round before making its way home, could have been a loose cable or it could have been the update.
That's scary crash !.. I am confused here ..you say it landed with low battery and also say it made it's way home ?
To me that sounds like it didn't have a good HL and was looking or maybe ya lost your Sat's. I sure hope this new firmware don't start messing up !! Do ya remember how many Sat's you were seeing on your app ?

Updates everything the other day, I have flown several times with no issues.

I calibrated the compass outside today and after about 5 minutes it finally found enough satellites to go into GPS mode. What do I need to calibrate besides the compass?

i updated yesterday, quick compass calibration to be safe & had a very uneventful flight

dirkclod said:
That's scary crash !.. I am confused here ..you say it landed with low battery and also say it made it's way home ?
To me that sounds like it didn't have a good HL and was looking or maybe ya lost your Sat's. I sure hope this new firmware don't start messing up !! Do ya remember how many Sat's you were seeing on your app ?

Sorry i may have confused myself, after spinning around for 4 minutes or so it eventually started making its way home, i can see in the video that it was heading in the right direction, however it had been in the air a while and i think that as it was making its way home the battery got low and it decided to auto land. im going on the basis that the wind was quite strong and it was fighting the wind which is why it ran out of battery and landed, good thing though, id rather it landed away from the home point then just drop out of the sky.

As for how many sats, like i said i dont know i had phantom connection broken message, however 8 was greyed out so im assuming that this was the last sat count before it lost the FPV connection.

I really wish DJI would put the telemetry data on the actual video you record as opposed to showing it in the app.

I tested the HL feature today and it worked fine.

Strange ! Just came in from flying in a lot of wind and got this screenshot that I have never got before !
I did with in LOS try RTH but the wind was to much and it just went the wrong way so I just took it back over and came on back down. Maybe there is an issue with this firmware... hope not ! I have been testing it at distance and have gone over 3000' with no issue's but think I will hold off till I see some more results on this!!
I was going up hard when this popped up so maybe that's why I saw it but have just never seen it before on any of my battery's .

Attachments

• IMG_0525.PNG
    IMG_0525.PNG
    487.5 KB · Views: 441
dirkclod said:
Strange ! Just came in from flying in a lot of wind and got this screenshot that I have never got before !
I did with in LOS try RTH but the wind was to much and it just went the wrong way so I just took it back over and came on back down. Maybe there is an issue with this firmware... hope not ! I have been testing it at distance and have gone over 3000' with no issue's but think I will hold off till I see some more results on this!!
I was going up hard when this popped up so maybe that's why I saw it but have just never seen it before on any of my battery's .

Same exact thing happened to me but it was before I updated the firmware. I thought it might have been popping up because I needed to upgrade my battery which is why I updated to the newest firmware. I was at like 60% or so battery both times it happened.

All mine are updated and have read about this a lot ..just have never experienced it . Maybe I was just putting to much work on it in that wind but as far as I go sometimes and never seen this it does concern me . Would hate to be way off and see this :shock:

dirkclod said:
I have been having the same message appear for me. I haven't upgraded yet, so it's not related to the newest version. I only get the message when I am accelerating at full throttle vertically. I don't know why we would get it but I just try not to accelerate real hard vertically.

Bayou flyer said:
dirkclod said:
I have been having the same message appear for me. I haven't upgraded yet, so it's not related to the newest version. I only get the message when I am accelerating at full throttle vertically. I don't know why we would get it but I just try not to accelerate real hard vertically.
I believe you are correct Sir as it would go away when I slowed up . Have just never seen it before and I do fly a lot , kinda almost made me freak :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31