Has anyone tried to film through the lacma lights ... I have ... I crashed ....

Reaction score
Wow so i was doing just fine filming some of the most epic video ever and then it pulled left hard... Couldn't compensate... Wrecked.. Lense cracked still flys luckily... And I got this error
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436865365.032879.jpg
I'll post the videos when I get home later...

The shame of it is apart from the challenge of flying through there you could have just carried it. I bet that looks impressive from above though, did you get any more shots?

Sorry to say but the crash and the warning on the pilot app are more or less logical.
I suppose the pillars are made from metal and there running active electrical wires, which induces magnetic fields, through it.
And thats a recipe for disaster.

Mhhh may be a ronin sounds it would be better... You are really brave ... good shot idea indeed...

What was that? Where is the most awaiting epic video? Just watch "Tree Dancing" before call epic anything.

There's a lot of metal in them there lamp posts! RF echos in perfect symmetry. For that kind of shot, you're better off using your P3 as a steady cam! Here's a safer distance:

lacma-03.jpg

So as a learning point, would a shot like this be better off in A mode? Just turn off GPS in this case. Or is the interference from the radio perspective so there is no good control of the aircraft?

So as a learning point, would a shot like this be better off in A mode? Just turn off GPS in this case. Or is the interference from the radio perspective so there is no good control of the aircraft?

Agreed. Looks like GPS got confused with direction from the interference of the metal light posts and ATTI mode might have been the way to go.

Looks to me like the prop hit on the left and it went quickly right. Did it hit? Otherwise, yeah, electromagnetic interference.

Had my speakers turned up full when I clicked that vid, awesome sound track BTW.

That was going extremely well. Awesome shot before the little mishap.

Agreed. Looks like GPS got confused with direction from the interference of the metal light posts and ATTI mode might have been the way to go.
I thought the vision positioning assist was suppose to help in scenarios like this. Isn't that what the downward sonar and bottom camera are for?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl