Reaction score
Has anyone tried this tablet to see if it is compatible

NuVision Tablet - 16GB w/ Intel Quad Core 1.83 GHz ATOM Processor
  • 7.85 inch IPS High-Definition Wi-Fi Tablet with 1024 x 768 resolution
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • Intel 1.83GHz Quad Core ATOM processor
  • 1GB Memory (RAM) /16GB Hard-drive
  • Micro-SD card supports up to 64GB

Most pilots would follow what is recommended by DJI as for a current supported device. Your question should be asked with in the off topic area of the forum.

Most pilots would follow what is recommended by DJI as for a current supported device. Your question should be asked with in the off topic area of the forum.
Sorry,
But how do you consider this off topic?
I am well aware of DJI list and there are other threads similar to mine in the area that I posted in.
Was my post deleted?

Reactions: Flyer91
No...

Id be looking for something with GPS and a barometer to give you more options includimg follow me and as a setting a reliable altitude reference.

NuVision Tablet - 16GB w/ Intel Quad Core 1.83 GHz ATOM Processor
Base spec-wise it seems like it would be okay. Depends on how much you want to spend to experiment. I use a Sony Xperia Z or Nexus 7 (2013), both of which have GPS. But that feature isn't needed as of yet for me.

Um, how is this offtopic?

Base spec-wise it seems like it would be okay. Depends on how much you want to spend to experiment. I use a Sony Xperia Z or Nexus 7 (2013), both of which have GPS. But that feature isn't needed as of yet for me.

Um, how is this offtopic?
Simply because that device is not supported at this time with the Go App. There is nothing wrong with working with new tabs however there are other forums for that. Most informed pilots pay attention to what devices are supported. Jdoyal asked if the device in question was compatible and the answer is no. Not at this time. Please see the DJI support page for what actual tablets are compatible before you buy!, Especially if your going to try and use it to fly with! Even though it might work, could void the warranty of the Quad.. Being that said, that device not being compatible makes this a off topic subject. Sorry to be so critical.

Simply because that device is not supported at this time with the Go App.
... Even though it might work, could void the warranty of the Quad.. Being that said, that device not being compatible makes this a off topic subject. Sorry to be so critical.
I think you're slight confused with compatible and recommended.

One you don't have to have a device connected to fly the drone, so voiding the warranty with a 'non-compatible' device is an interesting justification to back your statement. The Go App will install on any Android 4.1.2 or later device. I run mine off a Sony Xperia Z, as well as a 'recommended/supported' Nexus 7 2013.

More info for you:
Which mobile devices are compatible with the app?

The DJI GO app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later or Android v4.1.2 or later.
The following devices are recommended:
iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3 , Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
Support for additional Android devices will become available as testing and development continues.

Anything with less than 2gb ram will be a bit glitchy. I'd look for a 2gb tablet if I were you....

I am new at this.
Has anyone had any experience with the following tablet?
Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 in. Model SM-T800.
It has been upgrade to the lasted OS.

I have this tablet and would like to use it. If it works no need to buy another.
I tried it and everything seem to work ok.
  • Operating System: Android™ 4.4 Kit Kat
  • Processor: Exynos™ Octa (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core)
  • Memory: 3GB RAM & 16GB On-Board Memory
  • microSD™ Card Slot: Up to 128GB
  • Display Screen: 10.5"
  • Display Resolution: WQXGA (2560 x 1600)
  • Display Type: Super AMOLED™
  • Battery Type: Lithium Ion
  • Battery Capacity: 7,900mAh
  • Color: Titanium Bronze
  • Wireless Internet: Wi-Fi®, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, (2.4Ghz + 5.0 Ghz)
  • Camera: 8MP rear-facing with LED Flash, 2.1MP front-facing
  • GPS with Glonass
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Supports USB 2.0 Connectivity (with an adapter sold separately)
  • Built-in Infrared Blaster
  • Built-In Stereo Speakers

I am new at this.
I'd say that would handle it quite well, you've got plenty of RAM and the screen should offer better viewing. Does it fit in the holding cradle on your controller?

You
I am new at this.
It has been upgrade to the lasted OS.

I have this tablet and would like to use it. If it works no need to buy another.
I tried it and everything seem to work ok.
  • Operating System: Android™ 4.4 Kit Kat
  • Processor: Exynos™ Octa (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core)
  • Memory: 3GB RAM & 16GB On-Board Memory
  • microSD™ Card Slot: Up to 128GB
  • Display Screen: 10.5"
  • Display Resolution: WQXGA (2560 x 1600)
  • Display Type: Super AMOLED™
  • Battery Type: Lithium Ion
  • Battery Capacity: 7,900mAh
  • Color: Titanium Bronze
  • Wireless Internet: Wi-Fi®, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, (2.4Ghz + 5.0 Ghz)
  • Camera: 8MP rear-facing with LED Flash, 2.1MP front-facing
  • GPS with Glonass
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Supports USB 2.0 Connectivity (with an adapter sold separately)
  • Built-in Infrared Blaster
  • Built-In Stereo Speakers
You left out what colour is... the stereo speakers and Ir blaster will be handy...

You say it works so seems you nanswered your own question. Please report back after you have flown with it for a while with your experiences. May help others in knowing what works reliably.

I have a polaroid l9 tablet and although the DJI Go app isn't supported officially on mine, I still sideloaded it and it works perfectly. Plus the tablet was only about $45.

It's 9 inches, and fits perfectly in the controller tablet cradle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20