Has anyone that's bought a P3P from B&H also bought their "Square Trade" protection plan?

Your home state may have remedies in cases like this. It looks like they're refunding you the cost of the warranty. If this is the case, then you can either pursue this further, or take the check and go buy a new P3. Just my two cents worth. I bought the one year version of the warranty. So far, haven't had to use it (but then again, I bought my P3 in August, then went on to break my foot and have been grounded since August 14th-only two flights on my P3 so far). Good luck!
@radioguy I read it as they were not fixing the broken P3 and they will send it back broken, no new P3 and no warranty so the cost of the warranty will be refunded.
@Negator Who did you buy from?
I hope things have changed since I just bought a P3 from Sams Club and the ST 3 year warranty.

@radioguy I read it as they were not fixing the broken P3 and they will send it back broken, no new P3 and no warranty so the cost of the warranty will be refunded.
@Negator Who did you buy from?
I hope things have changed since I just bought a P3 from Sams Club and the ST 3 year warranty.

Yes, I read it as they are refunding the cost of the ADH plan. My problem with this, as I stated above, is that had I not thought I had that plan, I would have bought some other plan that would have covered accidents. I have asked for clarification, because the email I received today contradicts the email on Friday. I also didn't mention that I called them Friday because I wanted to make sure that since they are cutting me a check that if I purchase a new Phantom, that I would need to buy the ADH plan again. They told me yes - didn't even mention that they don't cover drones. Unfortunately, I didn't write down his name - but a first name wouldn't have done any good anyway.

Yes, I read it as they are refunding the cost of the ADH plan. My problem with this, as I stated above, is that had I not thought I had that plan, I would have bought some other plan that would have covered accidents. I have asked for clarification, because the email I received today contradicts the email on Friday. I also didn't mention that I called them Friday because I wanted to make sure that since they are cutting me a check that if I purchase a new Phantom, that I would need to buy the ADH plan again. They told me yes - didn't even mention that they don't cover drones. Unfortunately, I didn't write down his name - but a first name wouldn't have done any good anyway.
Maybe I missed it but who did you buy from?

Received this email back this morning:

Once an item is received at our depot, if our technicians are not specialized to repair the unit, they simply forward a request to us letting us know the item cannot be repaired. When our system receives this notification it automatically begins the process of a payout and an automated email is sent out from our system to let you know the reimbursement is on its way, which is why you received this email.

After the automated email is sent, a request for a reimbursement is forwarded to our accounting department who researches the claim and processes the reimbursement accordingly. Since this item is not covered under our protection plan and the warranty you purchased through Amazon.com is specifically for Cameras/camcorders, I regret to inform you we are unable to honor the warranty purchased.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

I am so aggravated that words cannot express what I'm feeling right now. Had I not thought I was covered by the plan I purchased, I would have purchased a plan from someone else (like Neary Aerial Media - Uav Extended Warranty, Multirotor/quadcopter Extended Warranty, Electronic Components). Instead, I buy a plan and think my Phantom is covered and now they are saying they cannot honor the warranty I purchased.

I have sent feedback to SquareTrade through amazon and I'll see if that get's me anywhere. Otherwise I will contact the BBB and the State of Illinois Consumer Protection Division of the the Illinois Attorney General's office.

To make matters more aggravating, when I received the email last Friday that they were issuing a check to me, I went ahead and bought a replacement Phantom 3 from Amazon and bought another SquareTrade plan on it (because that was before I received the email Monday).

Just called B&H to order my P3P and accessories. As of the beginning of this month, they no longer have Square Trade insurance on drones. That was the only reason I was going to buy from them, as they are in state & would charge sales tax. What other retailers offer insurance on these items?

Thanks,
Gap

Just called B&H to order my P3P and accessories. As of the beginning of this month, they no longer have Square Trade insurance on drones. That was the only reason I was going to buy from them, as they are in state & would charge sales tax. What other retailers offer insurance on these items?

Thanks,
Gap

As of the beginning of November 2015? I must have just made the cut-off. I bought both the P3P and 2 year ST warranty from BH in October. That's the only way it works, or used to work. Both have/had to be bought from BH at the same time.

So here's my story: Had an incident with drift into a tree and bent the gimbal. Filed an online claim with ST for the gimbal and they immediately closed my claim saying that the waiting period wasn't over yet, sending me an email much like the original poster got. I live-chatted with BH and they said there is no waiting period.

The next morning I called ST and the guy said yes, I'm covered. My thought is that ST might have a sketchy practice of denying at first to see how many people argue. I've had a lot of ST warranties, but this was my first claim.

Anyway, so I send just the gimbal in to ST as that's all I needed. In the mean time, I bought a new gimbal from BH as they ship overnight and I didn't want to be down for as long as the process was going to take. Figured I 'd keep the repaired gimbal or ebay it. The process took longer than they said it would, but I eventually got notice that a repaired unit was shipped back to me.

I had it shipped to work to avoid a must-sign issue and when I picked it up, it was a big 10-pound box, not a small 1-pound, gimbal-sized box. They sent me an entire P3P kit! Bird, battery, SD card, RC, 8 props, gimbal. Yes, it's a used, returned, was-crashed, now-repaired unit. The bird is scratched, the RC and gimbal are dirty, etc. But for $162 warranty, I now have two complete P3Ps. :)

Wife says to be prepared for ST to come calling when some guy gets just a gimbal and not a whole kit.

Reactions: Negator
I finally got a reply from "Jeremy" about the missing controller...he said he sent a message to the depot to send the controller back IF it was sent in. I sent him the boxed up picture I took before sending the P3P back for repairs.

Worst case, im hoping I can just buy a replacement camera and install it.

I'm still preparing for making a phone call to square trade and protesting this whol bait and switch deal. How they handle it will determine if I contact the BBB and the State of Illinois consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's office. I'm not going to let this go.

As of the beginning of November 2015? I must have just made the cut-off. I bought both the P3P and 2 year ST warranty from BH in October. That's the only way it works, or used to work. Both have/had to be bought from BH at the same time.

So here's my story: Had an incident with drift into a tree and bent the gimbal. Filed an online claim with ST for the gimbal and they immediately closed my claim saying that the waiting period wasn't over yet, sending me an email much like the original poster got. I live-chatted with BH and they said there is no waiting period.

The next morning I called ST and the guy said yes, I'm covered. My thought is that ST might have a sketchy practice of denying at first to see how many people argue. I've had a lot of ST warranties, but this was my first claim.

Anyway, so I send just the gimbal in to ST as that's all I needed. In the mean time, I bought a new gimbal from BH as they ship overnight and I didn't want to be down for as long as the process was going to take. Figured I 'd keep the repaired gimbal or ebay it. The process took longer than they said it would, but I eventually got notice that a repaired unit was shipped back to me.

I had it shipped to work to avoid a must-sign issue and when I picked it up, it was a big 10-pound box, not a small 1-pound, gimbal-sized box. They sent me an entire P3P kit! Bird, battery, SD card, RC, 8 props, gimbal. Yes, it's a used, returned, was-crashed, now-repaired unit. The bird is scratched, the RC and gimbal are dirty, etc. But for $162 warranty, I now have two complete P3Ps. :)

Wife says to be prepared for ST to come calling when some guy gets just a gimbal and not a whole kit.

You lucked out. Merry Christmas. Lol

*** UPDATE ***

To top it all off, when I received the unit back, SquareTrade failed to send back my controller.

Neary Aerial Media has warranties for drones - there's a link in my post above. It's an annual payment and a bit more expensive than the ST warranty, but IMHO it's worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen