Has anyone taken the vps system off of the phantom 3 ??

Removing it and/or disabling it won't result in a noticeable difference in the battery life. If you're concerned about the battery life, you can disable VPS in the DJI GO app.

Well, you could still fly -- just without FPV.

What benefit do you get by keeping it off?
VPS is only effective when your Phantom is between 1 to 9.8 ft in the air. I don't know about you, but my Phantom is rarely flying at that altitude when I'm outdoors. Also, some people have experienced some instability when taking off and/or landing with VPS enabled. Those are critical times for accuracy, so it would be best to fly manually so you're not at the mercy of a computer that might override what you're trying to do.

Just an off topic.. I flew today in 25kmph wind speed n this freaking drone was fighting the wind and was stable as a rock in the fpv but rilly tilting.

I always take off and land manually, and always outdoors so I found best to turn it off. Landings especially feel smoother and more in control that way at least to me.

Always on, it is only around 70 grams or so, so the extra flight time could be around 20-30 sec. Not enough to bother with it for me

Reactions: Mordor
Just wondering.. Maybe less weight and more battery life??
I turned it off in the Go App. However, on my last flight the strangest thing happened: while at 100+ feet, my display showed 8-9 feet and VPS active in the bottom left of the screen where height is shown. It just flashed intermittently, has anyone else seen this?

What's the benefit of flying with it on outside? I cannot think of any benefits.
I can't think of benefits either. It is a power drain, plus it could cause some unstable flight at low altitudes based on terrain (water, same colored ground terrain).

msinger did explain very well the reasons to not use it outside...

I also remenber problems with it ON with 1.2.8 and 1.2.6fw`s....

I also remenber problems with it ON with 1.2.8 and 1.2.6fw`s....
Right. I don't know that these problems still exist, but there is no need to take any chances. It's always best to have control over your aircraft.

Reactions: Mordor
Guys just a lil advice dnt fly wid prop guards wen its windy.. Totally different widout it m so stable at strong winds. How can it possible fly away??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers