Has Anyone Successfully Registered A Canadian Drone with FAA?

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully registered their Canadian drone with the FAA? I know it is impossible to access the on-line registration from Canada but the FAA has told me that I can have a US resident do it for me and just send the number to me. Has anybody tried that?

I could be a profit point for someone to set up to do it for us and charge a service fee of say $5.00 US!

I heard that if you are not from the states then you cant fly here even on vacation so I doubt that you can register its only for united states people

I don't quite understand why you are registering if you don't fly [regularly] in the US...

I have had a number of conversations with the FAA. They want us to register and you need to in order to fly there. You can fly on vacation if you register. The problem is that their website blocks Canadian servers at this time. They will eventually fix that but for now you need to have someone access their site from the US and register for you. It is all in the FAQ's on their site.

Q21. Is there a citizenship requirement?

A. Only United States citizens can register their small UAS. The certificate serves as a certificate of ownership for non-citizens, not a registration certificate / only is key word here doesn't say other people from other countries

Q21. Is there a citizenship requirement?

A. Only United States citizens can register their small UAS. The certificate serves as a certificate of ownership for non-citizens, not a registration certificate / only is key word here doesn't say other people from other countries

That is true, it only is a certificate of ownership but the FAA has told me over and over again that they want non-US citizens to have this if they are to fly in the US even on vacation. Makes sense really, if the bird goes astray they can locate the owner.

I would not fly in the US without that number at this point.

if true then you should be able to log in on faa website and register not needing anyone from us address to due it

david just so you no this faa thing is ridiculous should be able to fly without all the b.s around it

Q11. Are non-U.S. citizens visiting the United States on vacation or for drone competitions required to register?

A. Everyone, including foreign nationals and tourists, who operate a UAS for hobby or recreational purposes outdoors in the U.S. must use the FAA's online registration system. These non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent U.S. residents will receive the same registration certificate as U.S. Citizens or permanent U.S. residents. However, this certificate will function as a "recognition of ownership" document. This document is required by the Department of Transportation for foreign nationals to operate legally in the US.

then why cant he pull it up in Canada and register what is wrong with faa

just get a free VPN app (Hexatech, Betternet) register from a phone or tablet.

like I said before faa all screwed up they wont let people outside united states register like I said my friend talked to them also and was told nooooooooo

if you have to have a united states address first clue you cant register

Thanks Jeriami, I will take a look at this. They did tell me that I would have to have a US address, zip code and that a Canadian credit card might kick back also, but I will try it.
David, I'm curious about something.

It sounds so typical that a US gov't agency would tell you that you must register but then not allow you access to register. Then also tell visitors to the US that they must have a US address or they can't register and they may not be able to use their own credit cards if they are somehow able to access the site. So crazy, but as I said typical.

Do Canadians also have to deal with this type of head scratching silliness or are we just extra lucky here in the US?

Canada's Charter Document key words are Peace, Order, and Good Government, vs. The US's Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness whose government do you think would be more silly on most laws?

David, I'm curious about something.

It sounds so typical that a US gov't agency would tell you that you must register but then not allow you access to register. Then also tell visitors to the US that they must have a US address or they can't register and they may not be able to use their own credit cards if they are somehow able to access the site. So crazy, but as I said typical.

Do Canadians also have to deal with this type of head scratching silliness or are we just extra lucky here in the US?

Absolutely Oso, don't let anyone tell you that our health care system works, people die waiting for routine surgery.

Absolutely Oso, don't let anyone tell you that our health care system works, people die waiting for routine surgery.
I'd be dead in the USA with my meds costing 8000$ a month... The American health care system sucks, if you don't have money you die..... I know doctors with my disease in the USA who had to file for bankruptcy because they can't afford the overpriced American made medication.

I have had a few surgeries in my life and none took more then 5-10hours to get in surgery after being admitted for non life threatening reasons.

As someone who relys on the Canadian Healthcare system to stay alive, ID never take the US health care system over canadas great Healthcare system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl