Has Anyone seen Ken Herons video on snow droning?

Those poor motors and motor coils are probably drowning in water :eek: Not recommended!

I don't know why but I actually loved that video. Whether it was a good idea or not to fly in the snow the views were amazing with that snow falling. Your narrating was good for what it was and the flight was smooth. I can't get over how cool the snow looked falling. Keep it up and thanks!

Cool short video give the guy credit for bearing the weather to shoot it. However my income is not expendable enough to risk my drones doing that. But will keep watching videos of others doing it. Snow did look cool though. Got to get me some of those cubes. I want to film some wildlife at night or at least try. We live on a 300 acre farm and nobody around me cares when I fly around here he'll the neighbors think it's cool and give me access to their land too.

Sent from my SM-S975L using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gotta admit, tried it myself. All was well.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kranmc, great vid! I would love a Xmas with snow. Here in Australia it's summer, Xmas day was 38 deg c and horrible. We never get snow here in NSW, I've never been in the snow whilst it's snowing. I live on the border of NSW and Victoria and the coldest we get are frosts in the morning. Lowest I have seen is -5 deg c. Anyway, thought I would share my 2 bobs worth.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Kranmc, great vid! I would love a Xmas with snow. Here in Australia it's summer, Xmas day was 38 deg c and horrible. We never get snow here in NSW, I've never been in the snow whilst it's snowing. I live on the border of NSW and Victoria and the coldest we get are frosts in the morning. Lowest I have seen is -5 deg c. Anyway, thought I would share my 2 bobs worth.

Thanks Spency! Must post some vid from Australia!
Funny, I was just talking with my sweetie how different it would be to have Christmas in Summer as some of her relatives do in NZ. Hope your managing the heat! All the best from north of the Equator. Happy Holidays!

Cool video. I've flown my P2 in the snow before without any issues although it was snowing as hard. I also flew it over a frozen lake when I went ice fishing (nearly got frost bit on my hands). The problem I had was the temp was around 0F. I started it up shortly after arriving so the phantom was warm. Flew it up to a few hundred feet and had it up for about 10 minutes. No problems until I came in to land it. I had it down to about 10' off the ground and was bringing it toward me when the batteries must have started reducing current from the chill and it just started rapidly losing altitude and crashed. It came in at an angle and hit the snow, no real damage. I made sure to dry everything off. Sooo.... as he mentioned, you need to keep it moving so the current keeps the batteries warm. I don't think it's a good idea to fly in freezing weather.

Here's a link to video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love Ken's video's he is ok in my book =)

Reactions: DocDiggler
Very nice, from past experience I might add flying over the snow covered terrain dramatically changes the way things look in person let alone on a video screen I.e. have the auto return set. Was there any ice on the leading edges of the propellers?I will have plenty of opportunity in Pennsylvania, thanks again and also nice video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers