Has anyone seen how the props are mounted on the Mavic?

Reaction score
Just looking for someone to share how these props are mounted.

They lock on like Phantom 4 props. The locking system has been redesigned though. Here are a few photos of it:

img_0791-jpg.65966

img_0792-jpg.65967

img_0793-jpg.65968

Reactions: CCDD and Fplvert
They lock on like Phantom 4 props. The locking system has been redesigned though. Here are a few photos of it:
Hey Mike, any idea how to balance those folding props?

I'm wondering that by not unfolding the props prior to launch will induce wear and tear to the motor shafts and props themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fishie
Hey Mike, any idea how to balance those folding props?
I don't think it's possible since the props are all one piece.

So I assume they remove easily (I have a P3 so not familier with P4 prop removal) that way I could use the drone folded up as a handheld stabalized camera also. Supposedly the arms do not have a switch built in to stop the motors if the arms are folded in, this would avoid inadvertent blade/motor damage if you were using as a camera and accidently activated the props.

So am I safe to assume the props easily remove

They can easily be removed by hand. Just push (to compress the spring in the middle) and twist them.

Perfect perfect who needs a drone with a removable camera and stabalizer... Now DJI needs to make a hand that fits the drone that will hod the smart phone to use the drone as a hand held camera

Looks like the number may indicate the prop specs???

8.3 inch blade length (or disc diameter if it includes the swivel hub) and 4.4" pitch.

4.4" pitch
The props are 8330s. So, wouldn't that mean they have a 3.0" pitch if we're going by the model number?

Yes, but I see 8344F in the last photo.

Where is your data from?

Ah, well, you could be onto something there.

I am quoting the model number from here. Note the "8330F" on the props.

Do the arms lock in when unfolded, and is there a button or something you have to push to put them back in kinda like the typhoon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ah, well, you could be onto something there.

I am quoting the model number from here. Note the "8330F" on the props.

OK, never looked there so I'd go with the DJI site.

Maybe an option to come or tests proved better with the 8330's???

Do the arms lock in when unfolded, and is there a button or something you have to push to put them back in kinda like the typhoon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Visually, I see nothing to suggest that.

Maybe an option to come or tests proved better with the 8330's?
Those photos were taken by someone who works for DJI. They have an early version of the Mavic, so I'm assuming DJI changed the props later on.

Well we know they tune their propulsion systems so everything is done for a reason(s).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20