Has anyone purchased GPS Tracker?

Reaction score
Hi Guys.......Has anyone bought one of these gps? If so were did you get your SIM card.

Thanx

Pete

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 659
slugger said:
Hi Guys.......Has anyone bought one of these gps? If so were did you get your SIM card.

Thanx

Pete

I've got one on the way plus a few other gps bits. No idea where I'll get a sim card for it as they are all 3g now rather that the 2G only sim this requires.
I got a Garmin GTU 10 the other day and it works really well on the Phantom but costs a lot more.

Those are junk.
I have that exact one and it doesn't actually have a GPS receiver in it at all. It just uses cell tower triangulation.

Also, when you send it the SMS to get it's location it doesn't send back lat/long as the advert says, it sends you to a Chinese website with a cut down version of Google Maps that doesn't have any mapping data outside of China.

Save your money and get a TK102 based system from a reputable shop

I owned an ebay one similar to that... total garbage. Most won't work on a quad or tri-band network so basically won't work with any modern network sim card. I went for the (painfully) expensive Garmin GTU10 as mentioned here... quality product and gives you true peace of mind :)

Very interesting concept with Tile. Similar to Bluetracker http://blutracker.com/ (which claims to have full GPS but then says it has 40-80 meter range in Europe)

Quote from The Tile website: "The range from your phone is 50 - 150ft depending on the environment" - that would be the biggest issue IMO. You can make it ring but you have to be within range for that to happen. Still it would increase the chances of finding a Phantom a huge amount over nothing but I'd have an 'accurate to 3 meter' GPS over bluetooth every day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20