Has anyone in the UK used Drones for Less

Hi there, I nearly ordered one from them as they came up the cheapest, but when I went into Maplins, they price matched their offer. I preferred to buy in store than on the net. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Ordered nd filterers from them 3rd Jan. Cancelled the order last week as first they sent the wrong one then said I would not get them till next week. Got them from Hobbymounts the next day. no problem. Got my P4P from Heliguy. (DJI authorised dealer) Great service.

I used them for my P4P+ with no problems. Paid £1515 for it. The only unusual thing was that it was shipped from NY.

Did Maplin's seriously price match the P4P at £1200?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I used them for my P4P+ with no problems. Paid £1515 for it. The only unusual thing was that it was shipped from NY.
That was probably a smart move, since the USA spec drones have 30% more transmitting power than UK spec units.

It was xmas 2016 and they price matched my P4 to dronesforless price, it saved me nearly £150 at the time.
I'm a man who believes in "Don't ask, Don't get!" [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc

I'm going to correct what I said here. I ordered an Inspire 2 from these guys and it's been the biggest joke I've experienced in a long time.

They sent me an Inspire then did absolutely nothing to help with taking it back. They won't respond to the PayPal dispute so they've now had my cash for nearly a month and still no drone, no phone calls, no emails, nothing. I'm going to have to go down the credit card chargeback route if they don't sort their crap out.

Avoid at all costs - great if it goes well, horrendous if you have a problem.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
Best bet, buy from an authorised DJI dealer if near your home territory.
Maplin unfortunately have not a clue about p4 or 4 plus.
They only sell them.
If you have even a technical hitch I could more or less say 98% of staff
Would not have a clue about repair or spare parts.
When I say authorised dealer I mean a business with many , many years of experience in RC.
Buying from Amazon or eBay if you want to buy new is not a good idea.
You will not have 1st class support
For any issues you need to contact
Dji direct, which causes a lot of time to yourself and possibly sending back the quad for repair.
B

Reactions: Flying pug
Hi.... I was at first thinking...hmmmmm £1200 for a phantom 4 pro!! What's the catch???

Took the plunge and placed my order via PayPal..
Few hours later I received the dhl tracking info.. yep... they come from Brooklyn, New York.
Placed my order on Thursday afternoon and my p4 pro came Monday morning... no issues what so ever from me :)

Hi.... I was at first thinking...hmmmmm £1200 for a phantom 4 pro!! What's the catch???

Took the plunge and placed my order via PayPal..
Few hours later I received the dhl tracking info.. yep... they come from Brooklyn, New York.
Placed my order on Thursday afternoon and my p4 pro came Monday morning... no issues what so ever from me :)
Didnt you then have to pay an extra 240 pounds VAT to get it cleared of customs since its a new item?

Didnt you then have to pay an extra 240 pounds VAT to get it cleared of customs since its a new item?

Nope!!! I did wonder about that you know... I was told drones for less dealt with that... so arrived via dhl with no issues :)

I got my p4p from eglobalcentral.co.uk arrived within a week, no problems whatsover was only £1179. Later I bought a dji osmo+, again great price at £479 and even then I got £15 off that price on a promotion. Also arrived within a week and no problems either.

Also like to add both items were brand new unopened untouched, and not had any flight problems or gimbal problems with the p4p either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen