Has anyone flown In Italy with their strict requirements?

iAm

Reaction score
I'm travelling to the Amalfi Coast this summer and want to know exactly what papers, health certificate or clubs I need to join, in order to be qualified to fly my phantom3 in Italy.
I understand I need insurance. Any recommendations on a supplier in Canada.
Thank you
Tony

I'm travelling to the Amalfi Coast this summer and want to know exactly what papers, health certificate or clubs I need to join, in order to be qualified to fly my phantom3 in Italy.
I understand I need insurance. Any recommendations on a supplier in Canada.
Thank you
Tony

Hi, I'll visit Tuscany in September. Here is the answer I have received in other thread:

"If you do it for fun it is considered as a Rc airplane activity: stay away from people, buildings and major roads. Fly vlos, max height 70mt, max dist. 200 mt . Outside airports ATZ or 5nm if no ATZ (like Siena airfield)."

Flight regulations in Italy?

Hi
Thank you for the reply.
I was in Rome, Sienna, Pisa And Cinque Terre last October.
It's all beautiful. Wishing I had my Phantom3.
I bought my phantom 3 on the Cyber Monday sale in Dec.
I brought it to Mexico. No issue whatsoever at the border.
I was prepared; I had my batteries powered below 50% and in a Lipo bags and in my carry-on.
But, I'm reading (ENAC) that flying a drone in Italy requires some kind of papers/permit.
I am phoning Alitalia today and the Italian consulate in Toronto to find out exactly what papers or permit are required to cross the Italian border with a personal drone.
I will keep you posted.
Tony

Thank you iAm, I'll be waiting for your research.
I bought my P3P last year in USA and when I came to Argentina I had not any issues from authorities. The only thing is to carry the batteries with you on board and not as a registered luggage, and of course I carried my drone with me with batteries at 20% of charge, isolated into plastic bags. But those regulations are from airline company.
Good luck and I wait for your next post!

Hi Patricio
I found out that small drones are regulated under the same category as "Model Aircraft"
I attached the articles that I believe applies to the phantom.
I also texted with a traveller to Italy and he had no issues crossing the border with a Phantom in his knap-sack.
I'm guessing, if I unintentionally break a restriction, and a cop sees the infraction, then, I will have to answer to and know what ENAC requires me to have.
....I will send you a pic of The Amalfi Coast.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    465.1 KB · Views: 1,344
  • image.png
    image.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,345
  • image.png
    image.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 1,360
Thank you IAm!
A very nice piece of information which will save us from possible issues arriving Rome.
Have a nice trip!
I'll wait your pictures. I will send mine from Tuscany and Cinque Terre.

Great posts thanks!! I want to take my P3 to Lake Orta but the rules and regulations are all over the place with some places saying one thing and the next another.

Would you recomend putting the drone in your carry on or checked luggage to stop problems going through customs, and how do you prove its just for fun?

Hi James,
I transported mine with me, not as checked luggage from Miami airport to my country. The batteries must to be 20% charged or less and isolated avoiding contact with other. So, each battery isolated into a plastic ziplock.
You cannot register those types of batteries with the rest of your luggage.
You can transport your drone as registered luggage but not the batteries.
Also, if you want to transport the drone with you in a backpack or into your carry on, you have to remove the battery from it.
iAm has made a deep research and you shouldn't have any problem entering Italy...if you will use the drone with a RC range limitation.
Have a nice fly!

Hi James,
I transported mine with me, not as checked luggage from Miami airport to my country. The batteries must to be 20% charged or less and isolated avoiding contact with other. So, each battery isolated into a plastic ziplock.
You cannot register those types of batteries with the rest of your luggage.
You can transport your drone as registered luggage but not the batteries.
Also, if you want to transport the drone with you in a backpack or into your carry on, you have to remove the battery from it.
iAm has made a deep research and you shouldn't have any problem entering Italy...if you will use the drone with a RC range limitation.
Have a nice fly!
Ok great, so thats good news!! should all be ok. I am going there for pleasure and I fly as a hobby so should be fine I guess :)

I looked into the rules and regs before my trip last November and decided it wasn't worth it. I went to Florence, Rome, and Amalfi. I wish I had had it in Amalfi because it would've been a great place to fly. There were no police anywhere, I doubt anyone will give you any trouble whatsoever. It's super relaxed. It may be different in the peak of summer though.

Some shots from my DSLR hiking "the path of the gods"
1ayu4aN.jpg

Mb5BvqW.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20