Has anyone ever soldered new hall sensors onto the gimbal windings?

Reaction score
I'm guessing that a good portion of gimbal problems are due to one or more bad hall sensors on the gimbal motor windings. In looking at them, they're in a tight spot to try to replace. I'm wondering if anyone here has done it.

Thanks for any replies.

i did but won't do it again.. have about 30 of those stators in a box. takes too much time and pcb is easily melted if you're not careful

It's beyond my skill level. There's a guy in San Diego who does micro soldering. I might ask him what he'd charge.

why??
just get a new stator. they are not available in many places but i have a ton if you need any.

yes,
just send me the picture of what you need. i have probably 20-30 of each

which parts do you need?
image1 (1).JPG

#1, if that's a pitch motor, which fits into the pitch motor housing, #2. Given the shaft length, #1 could be a base motor, which I don't need.

Attachments

• hunch_parts.jpg
    hunch_parts.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 662
actually #1 is a yaw motor, the one that goes through the main board and housing and into the yaw arm

That's what I meant by "base motor". My brain's not working well tonight.

I thought that shaft looked too long for a pitch motor. But I need a pitch motor in the same configuration you're showing that #1 yaw motor: with magnet, sensors, ribbon cable, stator, shaft, all ready to screw into the #2 pitch motor housing with three small screws.

I tinker with them, but Hutch and Burlbark repair them. ATK Drones, too.

I made a device for testing the Hall sensors and the field windings. Out of all of the broken gimbal motors I have, only one has bad windings but just about all of the others have at least one bad hall sensor.

Hello all,

After short googling I found that these sensors is Melexis US1881. I replaced one device on pitch axis, and after that gimbal works well.

BR
Andrej

Hello all,

After short googling I found that these sensors is Melexis US1881. I replaced one device on pitch axis, and after that gimbal works well.

BR
Andrej
Hello, maybe you know if these sensors are suitable for the yaw motor gimbal of Phantom 4. And if so where to buy them. Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj