Has anyone done any extensive DHP testing?

Reaction score
For instance, have you ever:
-- established home normally, take off, check the DHP box, move your location, switch to HL, come back towards new spot, switch to OFF, uncheck DHP, move your location, check the DHP box, switch to HL, come back and see where it goes, etc. You get the idea.
-- established home normally, take off, check the DHP box, move your location, switch to RTH, come back towards new spot, regain control, uncheck DHP, move your location, check the DHP box, switch to RTH, come back and see where it goes, etc. You get the idea.
-- any other testing you have done.

I have yet to use it at all.

I did a brief test when it came out first.

I went into a big field, normal routine - flew away about 100m and turned off the transmitter. It initiated RTH (I was testing the new RTH height as well) and came back to the original home point.

I regained control before the RTH was complete, flew away about 100m while at the same time I walked about 50m to a different location in the field and repeated the transmitter off. It began RTH to the new location.

I'm impressed by that, as it will enable those who want to use a boat, for example, to stay within range and to take off and land from different locations.

happydays said:
I did a brief test when it came out first.

I went into a big field, normal routine - flew away about 100m and turned off the transmitter. It initiated RTH (I was testing the new RTH height as well) and came back to the original home point.

I regained control before the RTH was complete, flew away about 100m while at the same time I walked about 50m to a different location in the field and repeated the transmitter off. It began RTH to the new location.

I'm impressed by that, as it will enable those who want to use a boat, for example, to stay within range and to take off and land from different locations.

Thanks for the reply. Agreed, I am also impressed with that RTH scenario. I would think that it would store the HP continuously (every 2 secs) as long as it was not in a "return to home" mode, like RTH or HL. Glad to hear that it looks like it does.

Just swipe over to ground station mode and you can see your Dynamic home point change.
Just make sure that your get the GREEN ring around the radar as this means the Phone/Devices GPS has a lock and that its providing the Phantom accurate position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31