Has anyone added a parachute to their phantom?

Reaction score
Have any of you added a parachute drop to your phantom or know if it's possible? By parachute drop I mean dropping a toy with a parachute from your phantom.

Have any of you added a parachute drop to your phantom or know if it's possible? By parachute drop I mean dropping a toy with a parachute from your phantom.
Be cautious what you drop or where. Just saying...

FAR Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.
No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

no, but i've considered a drop cord that can pop out in the case of landing in a tree.

upload_2015-8-14_10-35-23.png

This is probably not considered a "hazard to persons or property."

View attachment 27466

This is probably not considered a "hazard to persons or property."
It all falls under the "foreseeable event" rule. Not likely this toy soldier will injure anyone.
so don't slay me. Suppose the pilot decides to drop it next to a highway. A gust of wind catches the chute and blows it across a highway and into someone's windshield, they panic and crash. The question of whether reasonable precautions were taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property becomes a legal issue for the trier of facts (judge, jury).

Just thinking out loud, bud. Don't verbally beat me about the head and shoulders.:eek:

The same 'thought train' should be used every time you perform a CSC.

It all falls under the "foreseeable event" rule. Not likely this toy soldier will injure anyone.
so don't slay me. Suppose the pilot decides to drop it next to a highway. A gust of wind catches the chute and blows it across a highway and into someone's windshield, they panic and crash. The question of whether reasonable precautions were taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property becomes a legal issue for the trier of facts (judge, jury).

Just thinking out loud, bud. Don't verbally beat me about the head and shoulders.:eek:

Another what-if scenario -

The Phantom successfully deploys the toy parachutist, who being plastic and unable to control his canopy, is taken by the wind and descends into a wood chipper operating across the street from a multi-national fast-food chain.

The blades of the wood chipper somehow shave the plastic parachutist's head into a nearly perfect teardrop shape, giving it different aerodynamic properties than the typical wood chip. The teardrop projectile ejects from the wood chipper and arcs across the street into a bowl of McGranola, which is then spoon-fed to a toddler who dies from the choking hazard.

Clearly, wood chippers should be banned.

Reactions: dirkclod

The Phantom successfully deploys the toy parachutist, who being plastic and unable to control his canopy, is taken by the wind and descends into a wood chipper operating across the street from a multi-national fast-food chain.

The blades of the wood chipper somehow shave the plastic parachutist's head into a nearly perfect teardrop shape, giving it different aerodynamic properties than the typical wood chip. The teardrop projectile ejects from the wood chipper and arcs across the street into a bowl of McGranola, which is then spoon-fed to a toddler who dies from the choking hazard.

I called it.:confused:

ROTFL

facepalm.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers