Has anybody tried this? Would it work?

Reaction score
I was just pondering some things today, and thought "how cool would it be to display not just 2 screens but 3?

Is it possible to use the hdmi module and some type of hdmi splitter, to produce not once extra screen but two? This way you could set up display on one tv, maybe a pair of goggles for a friend, and then continued to control everything on the 3rd screen (tablet)

...Orr just surround yourself in flat screen tv's. :)

Yes, I have issues.

Not sure if the dji hdmi module could handle that tho. As it gets pretty warm just using it for my tablet and one screen. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't though to much about that, I know some monitors (mostly TV's) have an HDMI In and an HDMI Out. I can't imagine it would cause too much additional work for the HDMI board as the monitor would be doing the re-broadcast.

I haven't though to much about that, I know some monitors (mostly TV's) have an HDMI In and an HDMI Out. I can't imagine it would cause too much additional work for the HDMI board as the monitor would be doing the re-broadcast.

Right? Cuz you can buy a splitter I was just looking at some, that are like a Y, one end is a mail hdmi (controller side) the other 2 on the opposite end are both female.. Which means from I were to buy the splitter and 2 more hdmi cords I should be able to plug one into each female connection on the splitter, and plug the other ends into each tv/monitor or goggles.

I feel like this would be killer if it worked.

The hdmi splitters are only roughly 20$, maybe I should give it a go and get back to ya'll

Further more.. Does ANYONE know what the port next to the hdmi port does?! It has 2 arrows that go in different directions, I havnt been able to find out what it's used for doing searches online.. I'm assuming it's like a downlink port of some sort? Update port? Or am I way off? From left to right looking at the back of the controller the ports are USB-UNKNOWN-microUSB- hdmi B(mini)

What is the 2nd port out of the 4 from left to right used for??

Further more.. Does ANYONE know what the port next to the hdmi port does?! It has 2 arrows that go in different directions, I havnt been able to find out what it's used for doing searches online.. I'm assuming it's like a downlink port of some sort? Update port? Or am I way off? From left to right looking at the back of the controller the ports are USB-UNKNOWN-microUSB- hdmi B(mini)

What is the 2nd port out of the 4 from left to right used for??

That is the Can Bus port. On the HDMI board for the P3 DJI left it open for "expansion". On the Inspire it is currently used to plug in the DJI Focus wheel.

Oh that's cool. I like that.. Thinking ahead . Cool thanks for the info

So I guess nobody has tried using a splitter? I don't mind being the Guinea pig but I just hope it doesn't overload the hdmi module.. Wish I had a little more insight on this subject.

do not see hdmi splitter but it might be present
I'm a dji sdk user and I've written an app for VR output on android, i included a function called video share, it use wifi hotspot to send the video stream to other android set, OR a computer under the same NAT. i've successful transmitted the stream to both my friend's phone and PC using ffmpeg to decode.

Attachments

• mmexport1484124934614.jpg
    mmexport1484124934614.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Any HDMI splitters I have used are powered and should not put excessive draw on the output. I would be suspect of a passive splitter. It likely would not overload the output, but may not provide enough signal to get a quality image on the monitors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

do not see hdmi splitter but it might be present
I'm a dji sdk user and I've written an app for VR output on android, i included a function called video share, it use wifi hotspot to send the video stream to other android set, OR a computer under the same NAT. i've successful transmitted the stream to both my friend's phone and PC using ffmpeg to decode.

Very cool man!! I love your ability to come up with such an app and hey maybe some day you can get it on shark tank! Lol that's cool stuff buddy. What's the app called? Is it something we can download or would you need to get licenses first

Any HDMI splitters I have used are powered and should not put excessive draw on the output. I would be suspect of a passive splitter. It likely would not overload the output, but may not provide enough signal to get a quality image on the monitors.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I may have to just try it and find out.. Long as I know it's not gonna hurt my module then why not give it a shot, if the worst case senario is laggy or poor feedback then oh well, I just won't do it anymore

Very cool man!! I love your ability to come up with such an app and hey maybe some day you can get it on shark tank! Lol that's cool stuff buddy. What's the app called? Is it something we can download or would you need to get licenses first

It's part of my fpv app functions and it's called VR Flight For DJI, currently only for Android
VR Flight For DJI, I would like to introduce my android VR app
if you want try with PC get the video image, after you send the raw stream to the PC with right ip settings, a ffplay would do the decode with commandline:
ffplay -sync ext -fflags nobuffer udp://SOURCEIP:1234 (or just 236.0.0.1:1234)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub