Has anybody here owned a P2V+ for...

atomicmak said:
How do you get your flight's NO ? Can we extract how many flights we took off ?
Mine is just two week old and it seems that I have more than 30 flights made from day 3 I was hand catching and few difficult low alt follow flights. THis is my first experience of flying without any teacher.

Logic is I spent 15 days proper on this forum reading plus/minus do's and dont's and I am ready.

Here is my today's small compilation went into the trees without any issue for documentation purpose.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVwv0BY6wI[/youtube]

I use the number of charge cycles on the batteries to determine the number of flights.

As far as the OP question, first one purchased late April, 2nd one purchased late June ... over 100 flights total and absolutely no problems. May be a few that I caused!

photographix said:
I've had 3 incidents, all pilot error. Hitting my van was the worst. Dropped 6 feet onto concrete...damage was a few scratches on the camera/gimbal. Second time I hung it by a prop in a small tree. Damage: Tree sap on body and dinged prop. Third time, I was on the ground, running the props up to drain the battery when a gust of wind pushed it over. Broke 2 props and got sand in one motor. 30 minutes total repair spent watching a YouTube vid on how to take the shell apart, doing it, cleaning the motor, and put it back together. Flew fine the next morning.

What vid did you watch? I just had a sandy landing and all my motors are crunchy now. I need to do the teardown/cleaning now too.

HorribleShopper said:
...over 3 months and not had a single problem with it?

I've had mine since April 2014. No issues, until now where I can't see any video.
Took a break from flying for a few months, and when I tried starting it up today, video no workie.
People saying it might be my Wifi-Module... possibly due to frying it from the Booster App use (but only used the app a handful of times). :(

You could get run over walking from the shop you picked it up from back to your car :p
stuff happens..

owned mine about a month now, but flown nearly every day with 2 batteries. LOL.. ALL my threads/issue... every one has been user error, or my paranoia, or my impatience, or my inability to read properly :p

Actually I had one issue where home lock would not function correctly... did a IMU advanced cali and fixed it up... not sure why seems GPS and everything else was 100%
but yeah works perfectly after that. I'm quite impressed by the Assistant software... When you first unbox, doing a firmware upgrade on any device is always a little daunting, but it just works so smoothly.

There are a few bugs, like sometimes when you open DJI APP the camera is not working.. but I literally just click back, then click on the camera button again and the picture shows up.. nothing major. Oh and you will probably need to do the GPS aluminum (or copper) mod!

What problems has your Dad have? To be honest it is incredibly bad luck to have to RMA 2 of them... No offence but is it possible its something he is doing, or some mod or something ?? Perhaps try get it from a local hobby shop that can service/try to repair it.. Mine basically said if I had any major issues they will just give me a brand new one.... It was there main selling point as to why I was paying quite a bit more than if I bought it online... I fully intend to take them up on that if anything arises :)

I have been flying mine since June, well over a hundred flights with no problems. Hours and hours of pure fun. You wont regret buying one. Just take it slow and easy until you are comfortable with it.

In the Assistant software it counts the amounts of battery charges or discharges (cant remember, but one of the 2).

Would be cool if it logged the hours/mins flown (motors on time).. Then we could do maintenaince based on real time as opposed to like monthly service etc etc.. I dont exactly have a schedule just yet, but I bet alot of others do.

I'm on my 3rd Phantom as well. First two clearly didn't work. JUST MAKE SURE TO KEEP ALL PACKING MATERIALS IN CASE YOU HAVE TO RETURN IT TO B&H. B&H is excellent to work with. I hesitated as well, but there are now only a small percentage that have infant fatality out of the box.

I share the same feelings as you, but my problem is finding an area near to where I live to fly it safely. I added a gimbal/camera protection plate between the landing legs; furthermore, I will use prop guards, as the plane is bound to tip over. Having an engineering background, IMHO, I don't share some people's view about the guards creating instability. Remove the guards and descend to quickly, a vortex will naturally occur and the plane's controller will fight the turbulence.

In my experience with Chinese manufactured products, connectors are often the problem, but the flight controller logic seems reasonable; a lot of cameras (Nikon, Canon, Sony (not sure which)) are manufactured in China successfully.

Have mine since June, did have to send it back for an electrical issue, but it was fixed and returned.... As far as the gimbal, I had 1 really hard crash into the side of my house, Not the Phantoms fault, it was my first flight and I calibrated the compass wrong. Anyway, besides a broken $3.00 propeller, it flies like a dream....

Just Buy It... :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20