Has anybody here owned a P2V+ for...

Reaction score
...over 3 months and not had a single problem with it? I hate to make the same post that has been made 1,000 times, but as much as my heart wants to pull the trigger on one of these bad-boys, my brain just won't let me. From doing hours upon hours of research, I've just convinced myself that I will have a problem - guaranteed - within a few months of owning it. That thought just kills it for me. My dad bought one recently - luckily from B&H - and has sent it back twice already. He is on his third quad.

Somebody please tell me the straight ****. Are these things that darn flimsy?? I don't have a problem buying a $250 Parkzone warplane, because I can KNOW it will run for a very long time as long as I don't crash it.

With the camera link issues, the flimsy gimbal, and with a new model possibly being announced soon, what would you recommend I do?

Thank you very, very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Buy one. You'll love it. If a new one comes out later, you can easily sell your old one if you keep it in good shape.

Little over 3 months 30 plus flights and no issues(well battery issue but DJI provided me with a new one at no cost) no crashes.... and I purchased mine from B & H, which by the way provided me with excellent service!

Keep in mind that nobody posts about all the great flights they've had. I think reading so many negative posts can give you a false perception.

More than 100 flights - all sweet.
The whole fear thing is way overblown.
I recently read something about the fear of terrorism that could be equally applied to Phantom flying.
Terrorism causes fear, and we overreact to that fear. Our brains aren't very good at probability and risk analysis. We tend to exaggerate spectacular, strange and rare events, and downplay ordinary, familiar and common ones. We think rare risks are more common than they are, and we fear them more than probability indicates we should.

HorribleShopper said:
Are these things that darn flimsy?? I don't have a problem buying a $250 Parkzone warplane, because I can KNOW it will run for a very long time as long as I don't crash it.
With the camera link issues, the flimsy gimbal, and with a new model possibly being announced soon, what would you recommend I do?

No, these things aren't that darn flimsy. The Phantom itself is very tough and despite tales of the flimsy gimbal, there are also some cases of the gimbal surviving serious incidents. The Phantom will definitely "run for a very long time as long as I don't crash it"

As for "a new model possibly being announced soon" it could also be a year away.
No one has any idea when/if a new model could arrive so it would be stupid to make any decision on that basis.

I bought mine in june. 100+ flights and range max 2.5 mile.
It crashed 2 time really hard and the gimbal survived.
Depends on how the crash was and some luck has to be involved.
The 2 crashes could be avoided but contributed to experience.
Its a learning curve like all other stuff in life.
We say " If you ain't willing to take a risk you will stay a virgin "

I've flown over 60 flights. Crashed 3 times. One time the camera/gimbal assembly came off. Put it back on, reconnected the cable. Still working like a charm. I understand your fear, it's a pretty gibe financial investment but well worth the continued enjoyment. As others have mentioned, people mostly post on this forum if they have a problem which skews the posts to the negative, giving the impression that bad things happen often which they don't. I say take the plunge and have some fun.

Owned mine since May. plenty of good flights. 2 heavy crashes involving tall trees, both my fault. No damage to PV2+ at all. The gimbal and camera haven't been damaged at all despite bouncing off every branch on the way to the ground. I am amazed how tough these things are. Haven't even broken a blade despite trimming the tress with them

Wow everybody, I'm at work and can't take the time to thank you individually. But I'm genuinely grateful for each response; really, really grateful. This has to be one of the best forums/ communities out there. Did not expect such great responses.

Oy, I'm going for it. B&H or Amazon is the choice now. ****, can't wait to head home now!!!

Thanks again!!

Wally said:
Owned it for 3 months, 70 flights, never had one problem.

If you want one (which you do, since you spent many hours online), just get it over with and buy one.

Yeah, I will. haha.

HorribleShopper said:
...over 3 months and not had a single problem with it? I hate to make the same post that has been made 1,000 times, but as much as my heart wants to pull the trigger on one of these bad-boys, my brain just won't let me. From doing hours upon hours of research, I've just convinced myself that I will have a problem - guaranteed - within a few months of owning it. That thought just kills it for me. My dad bought one recently - luckily from B&H - and has sent it back twice already. He is on his third quad.
Thank you very, very much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Yep, you probably will have a problem, but it probably won't be because of the Phantom. It will be because of Pilot error. My only problem was before I knew I had to have line of sight at a large range. What's really funny is that when I lost control of mine, I didn't really lose control (I had just lost FPV access) and the Phantom stayed exactly where I left it - I just had to go find it.

I'm gonna get bashed for this but I still gotta say....after many flights this bird is so stable and easy to fly I can't imagine how people break them so badly...I tipped mine over once when landing (my fault)...trashed a couple of props but that's it.....

5 months and over 100 flights.
1 pilot error. Hit a shrub last week whilst doing a high grass, low speed low, altitude pass - camera wasn't recording as it was a dry run. No damage except the gimbal popping out from the rubber jellos..
Lucky I removed the anti drop pins as I think this is the main cause for the tilt which may lead to the ribbon tear.

Just remember not to go out of your comfort zone and you'll be alright. Don't be cocky, this is when confidence exceeds ability.

I've had mine since April and have over 300 flights. I've had one battery failure. No crashes or weird behavior (except when the battery failed) Typical flights for me nowadays are 5-6 miles. Probably more miles on my P2V+ than all the other RC aircraft I've own combined.

I have owned my for about four months now and I can say that I have well over 60 problem free flights to date. I use it almost on a daily basis for my business and I love flying it. Hope this helps.

Somebody please tell me the straight ****. Are these things that darn flimsy?? I don't have a problem buying a $250 Parkzone warplane, because I can KNOW it will run for a very long time as long as I don't crash it.

You answered your own question.

Name another product as complex as the Vision Plus that has not had any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav