Hardware

Reaction score
Hi
I'm curious to know what hardware you guys use for video editing in 4k. I have just bough a new computer with an I7 processor and 8GB RAM and the computer cannot cope with Powerdirector 15.

Any helpful suggestions would be more than welcome.
Thanks

There should be settings in the software to change to proxy mode and downgrade the preview screens. I'm only familiar so far with DaVinci Resolve.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I run PowerDirector 15 and edit 4K with ease. Here is the dedicated 4K desktop I built. I already had a new 1TB HDD and monitor.
Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini ITX OC, S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower - Teamfour 4k Build - teamfour's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
I have very similar power in my unit but it still freezes. I have contacted Cyberlink and logged the issue as its extremely frustrating. I don't hold out much hope as I've tried almost everything now.

Consider adding 8gig or ram, SSD drive (seperate volume for swap file highly preferable) and a dedicated graphics card will make a huge difference.

Hi..When you say dedicated graphics, can you explain a bit more?
Dedicated graphics are AMD or NVIDIA GPUs in a laptop (only ok) or a desktop graphics card, any one from the last 2 years should handle it.

Reactions: Quinnage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31