hardware decoding Pilot app

Originally Posted by blade strike
a7 iOS guys please make sure Hardware decoding is turned "ON".

A8 this option is up to the user. "ON" will have better performance but you might experience complete device reboots to do GPU on the a8. Some people see them more than others. Make sure you have background app refresh set to "OFF", this helps. Also double click the home button and make sure you have no other apps running.

iPad mini 2 is A7, so yes turn it on.

DJI says not to turn it on for A7 processors. See more details in this thread.

Last edited:
I have this disabled and the video on the mini Ipad is good.
I don't know what happened when I enable this function, therefore my question about this item

Now i am confused, blade says turn it on and ED says turn it off. I have never seen them giving conflicting advise so im lost with this subject.

Originally Posted by blade strike
a7 iOS guys please make sure Hardware decoding is turned "ON".

A8 this option is up to the user. "ON" will have better performance but you might experience complete device reboots to do GPU on the a8. Some people see them more than others. Make sure you have background app refresh set to "OFF", this helps. Also double click the home button and make sure you have no other apps running.

iPad mini 2 is A7, so yes turn it on.

It's actually the other way around.. Stop misinforming....

LOL.. One Dji Rep says one thing and the other says another thing... But im telling you from using the pilot app with the inspire, that its the other way around...
I thought the same as you until I searched the RC group forum. Who knows? Try it both ways and see what works best... Check device temp after each and see which one runs cooler vs. any performance gains.

Reactions: ViperNuke
I thought the same as you until I searched the RC group forum. Who knows? Try it both ways and see what works best... Check device temp after each and see which one runs cooler vs. any performance gains.

I have it enabled on my iPad Air 2 and works like a charm...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic