hardshell backpack for the phantom 3 standard

JTC

Reaction score
I got the hardshell backpack as a bundled purchase from Drone Geeks along with the Phantom 3 standard. It is evident that the controller will not fit into the backpack properly without making a serious adjustment to the cell phone mount. All of the information I can find online indicates that this backpack is for the Phantom 3 advance and the pro. Why did DJI leave us with this mutated device holder? should I make the mod to convert it to the holder like the advance and pro has?

I use mine with the standard and it works just fine. have to fold it to the back and down.. goes in without a problem.

Yeh, That is what i did. Loosened the screws to get it into the right position and then folded it down. I will just use a screwdriver and tighten the screws after I re position the mount before flight.

There are two versions of the inserts in the DJI hardshell backpack. The first version doesn't have room for the P3S remote, but the current one does, as long as you don't fit an Inspire tablet mount or a DBS antenna to it. Then you'll have to cut away some of the foam.

Reactions: Sinisalo
There are two different versions to the Phantom 3 backpack, but of course DJI doesn't want you to know that. Sounds like you got the Professional/Advanced version. We have the corrected version in stock at Copter Source if you're interested. www.coptersource.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1