Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hardshell Backpack for Phantom 3 Standard?

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Real Life Spartan, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Real Life Spartan

Hey all,

I just received my Phantom Standard. Does anyone have experience with 3rd party hardshell backpacks? Not sure if I want to drop $150+ on DJI backpack. Has anyone used the backpack I linked below? From some research I've done it appears some cases/backpacks won't work with the Standard unless you cut out part of the foam?

Thanks!

Upgraded DJI Phantom 2 3 Hardshell Backpack Shoulder Carry Case Hard Shell Bag

2. mjr tom

I thought about a carrying case for quite a while. A large hard covered expensive case was not what I wanted. I was walking through Costco and saw a nice Swiss Gear backpack and thought that it would be perfect and it is. I do have to take off the props but thats no big deal and I am the only one ever carrying it anyways so even though there is no foam system inside it still rides nicely. Even on Airplanes. Lots of pockets and even a place for my computer too. Best of all its less than $50. I recommend it.

Real Life Spartan likes this.
  3. Jesse_M

4. madgitty

I bought the same dji hard back off eBay for £40 and 4 months later no problems just does not have the dji sign on it

5. mcphipps

I purchased the hard case from DJI. It is well designed. Fits everything I got. Propellers, 3 batteries, Multi charger, remote and tools. Well worth the 149.00 I paid. FYI.

6. FotoGeek

When did you order your Phantom? DJI is currently offering a free hard case backpack with drone purchases.

7. mcphipps

I ordered my hard case about a week before the special. I bought my P3s a week before that. Go figure. Lol

8. Real Life Spartan

Thanks a lot everyone! I actually purchased my DJI from a user on these forums, otherwise I would take up that offer from DJI right now.