Hardshell backpack as carry on?

Reaction score
Just bought the DJI hardshell backpack for my P3P. Anyone know if it will fit in overhead bins on regular commercial airlines?

They're designed to fit I think, but check with your airline.

Here's a list of most airlines and their allowances.:
Airline baggage - Wikitravel

The bag itself is 31.8 x 44.7 x 22.9 cm, according to BH photo

I use a Fieldline Tactical Alpha, identical to the 511 and GoProfessional backpacks. It will fit in the overheads of Boeings and Airbuses, but not an ATR-72.

Reactions: Fplvert
I use a Fieldline Tactical Alpha, identical to the 511 and GoProfessional backpacks. It will fit in the overheads of Boeings and Airbuses, but not an ATR-72.
I'm using the 511 which is 22"x 13"x 9" (56cm x 33cm x 23cm). It barely fits in Q400 (DH4).

The DJI Hardshell Backpack is a bit smaller and should work nicely.

I've taken the hard shell and it's fine (through TSA also--with props and batteries). In fact, it's actually a bit smaller then *most* of the other stuff in the overhead. It was perfect for flying.

You won't have any problem unless you are on a small commuter Regional Jet (RJ)...the kind that has 2 seats, an aisle and one seat by the window. THOSE overheads are really small. My computer bag won't even fit in those overheads.

Glad it fit, but I have a question: I know those cases aren't cheap, so wouldn't you have checked your airline's web site for their carry-on dimensions and compared it to the case, just to make sure it would fit, before you bought it? It would have REALLY sucked if it didn't fit...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31