Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Hard Resetting the Phantom 2 Naza Firmware

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Mako79, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Mako79

Credit goes to RickM
    I haven't seen this before and I think it should be a sticky. Apologies if ii is a repost.
    I think it would be good last resort if your gimbal/firmware/naza fails to update correctly.
    Even better if you want to roll back your firmware.
    http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

flyNfrank and IflyinWY like this.
  2. IflyinWY

When I grow up I want to be like him.

Thanks for the post Mako79

3. Buddy Stewart

So, has anyone successfully used this procedure to downgrade below v3.08? I'm trying to get back to v1.08 (I know, super old..) which was working incredibly well for me. Wish I had never upgraded and now I'm on the verge of throwing this POS into the ocean!

I've read a few posts saying that there's no going below v3.08 though, even with the hard reset instructions in the video. Anyone been able to do it?

4. IflyinWY

Welcome to the party Buddy...

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but it was shared with me recently and would like to pass it on here.
    http://naza-upgrade.com/

There is a great search link in my signature, follow the instructions and it may get you where you want to be.

Enjoy the show :D

5. Buddy Stewart

Oh man... Sounds like we may be stuck with this horrible firmware for a while then, huh? Man. It would've been so easy to leave well enough alone.. They say "the enemy of good is great". Well, now I know what they mean. Thanks for the info. Hope to hear some good news somewhere.. In the meantime, I think I have myself a flying paperweight with an attitude..

IflyinWY likes this.
  6. IflyinWY

Getta bigger hammer... :eek:

7. Buddy Stewart

Well. Looks like I'm going to have to send my quad and controller in for repair.. Now I have to wait 6 weeks and hope they can fix it, and hope I don't get charged. Very disappointed.

The take home lesson for me is NEVER upgrade your firmware for any reason.. While it probably works fine for a lot of owners a lot of the time, the risk of a catastrophic update is just not worth taking in my opinion.