Hard reset question

OK. I'm trying to reset the bird. I pull off the F1 connector. I short the two lower pins of F1 and F2 together. Power it on. It makes a beep, beep, beep etc. until I turn it off. Then it makes the normal sound next power up. Connect to assistant 3.6. It says I have 3.12 and no update available. Tried it twice, no difference. I also tried Asst 3.4 and same thing.

Am I resetting it correctly?

Geo

OK. I saw the youtube video on this and apparently you do the reset and while it's in that mode, connect to the assistant and update the firmware. My problem is it asks for my email name and password and it's not accepting it. It's the same name and password my I use to connect with my phone to the Phantom so I don't know what's up with that. I created another account and am waiting for confirmation via email from DJI.

It appears once powered up with those pins shorted you can remove the short and it stays in the reset mode. The assistant does show no firmware at that point. If you are unable to load a new firmware, the one that is in it is still there when you power it down and back up.

Geo

You know I might of remembered doing it wrong when I was thinking it had to be powered off after the jump. and the last time I did one I had to do it a few trys Now I'm think thats probably why it dint take the first try or two that time.

But thats weird about the email and pass word not working for you. I always used the same one for all my birds.
I always assumed that was just the software wanting that. But being dji wants to be big brothers lil helper. I would not be surprised if some how the naza stores that info in it and why its wanting to ask for it again.

Well installed the 3.6 Dji assistant software tonight, made sure I wasnt connected to the internet plugged the phantom in and bang it recognises I have 3.14 firmware on the phantom, so it must check the phantom to see what software is installed on it as soon as you click on upgrade, now my question is if I do a hard reset and install the 3.6 assistant software and do the same thing is it going to force me to install the latest firmware

First. You have to put the Phantom in reset mode by shorting out F1 and F2 lower pins together and powering up. You will get a straight beep, beep, beep etc. with it in that mode, then you turn on the assistant. In my case, the assistant wants me to sign in and I'm unable to. No idea why.

I'm dubious about this since the assistant software looks to the web site for the latest version. I remember in 1.08 the firmware was actually in the assistant program. If that's the case here, then we're good.

I guess I would recommend before starting all this to make sure you can log in with the older assistant software because you're going to want to run it without the internet.

If this fails, you do not lose the version you now have.

Geo

First. You have to put the Phantom in reset mode by shorting out F1 and F2 lower pins together and powering up. You will get a straight beep, beep, beep etc. with it in that mode, then you turn on the assistant. In my case, the assistant wants me to sign in and I'm unable to. No idea why.

I'm dubious about this since the assistant software looks to the web site for the latest version. I remember in 1.08 the firmware was actually in the assistant program. If that's the case here, then we're good.

I guess I would recommend before starting all this to make sure you can log in with the older assistant software because you're going to want to run it without the internet.

Geo
Okay so I've really got nothing to lose by trying this then either it works or I'm stuck with the firmware version I have now correct

That appears to be so. I've reset it and connected it to the assistant where it shows no version. If I could get my password thing to work then I would be able to load new firmware. Not certain what version though. Since I do not end up loading any new firmware the current firmware remains intact. Every time.

Geo

That appears to be so. I've reset it and connected it to the assistant where it shows no version. If I could get my password thing to work then I would be able to load new firmware. Not certain what version though. Since I do not end up loading any new firmware the current firmware remains intact. Every time.

Geo
Did

Geo
Well did the hard reset tonight and all went well used my email and password and it worked but couldnt go back to older firmware, we are forced into using the newest software, it automaticly says to upgrade to 3.14 doesnt give you any other options to chose from I used the assistant version 3.6 which should have let me put on 3.08 but no luck

**** just thought of something I forgot to shut the internet off before I opened the software, maybe thats why it showed 3.14, crap gonna have to try it again, duhhhhhh......and I just finished putting it all back together again lol oh well practice run......somebody slap me hahahahahaha.....go ahead Dirk

Didn't mean to insinuate the sky is falling but for some it had when they downloaded v3.14.
funnysmiley102.gif

[url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers