Hard reset Phantom 3p is it possible ?

Reaction score
Is it possible to make an hard reset on my PH3P ?

People used to downgrade the firmware using this BIN. I don't know if it still works though.

But "hardware reset" to do what ?

The file that is linked, simply clear and reprogram the second boot stage of Ambarella cpu. This cause the cpu to search a bootstrap firmware from SD card. It can be useful in the case of clean firmware install without version checking. Looking in that bin file, it is not clearing more than this. Anyway a real software reset is to be done by manufacturer of the system (DJI) with a specific software, and in this case it will be useful.

Last edited:
I dont want that ALL INFO that is stored in my PH3 is visible for DJI or someone else

People have tried it on older firmware releases and it worked. I haven't seen anyone try it lately. And, I don't think it clears the internal memory.

Most data are kept on internal SD, and you can reformat it from DJI Go App (MC data storage). But anyway nobody can read internal system tables, except may be DJI. If you are going to sell your Phantom 3 I think that you need to cancel DJI cloud account.

I'm not sure if any one has really tried service bin file so far on a good and working P3 so its effectiveness is in question still.

Downgrade IS NOT the same as an Hardreset !!!!!!!
EVERYTHING, ALL DATA is wiped

Downgrade IS NOT the same as an Hardreset !!!!!!!
EVERYTHING, ALL DATA is wiped
It depends on what your trying to do. If you have 1.4 or 1.5 on you RC which updates mostly now by the Go app, downgrading the bird won't do much help if your trying to remove restrictions. I'm pretty sure it is now restricted by the RC firmware. So my personal belief is you could put Noah's 0.0.1 on the bird, and it wont remove the new restrictions DJI has placed on everybody. (Remember,the RC CONTROLS the bird) :)

Now if it's a small drifting issue you want to fix then that may be a little different

So to answer your question, nobody has yet to find a hard reset that we know of.

.......although I still wonder what the micro plug in the front of the drone is for

.......although I still wonder what the micro plug in the front of the drone is for

That is for mc data logs download, the fly*.dat files.Use DJI go app to put drone in download mode

As You maybe know on the PH3 is stored ( on small SD ? or something else ?) ALL Movements and All commands You gave to the PH3.
Thats why DJI can look what You did before your PH3 crashed............ for example
So I want to get Rid of All that info stored in my PH3.(DJI is watching You I do not like that !)
You easily could do that with PH2V

As You maybe know on the PH3 is stored ( on small SD ? or something else ?) ALL Movements and All commands You gave to the PH3.
Thats why DJI can look what You did before your PH3 crashed............ for example
So I want to get Rid of All that info stored in my PH3.(DJI is watching You I do not like that !)
You easily could do that with PH2V

That's not true, you can reset P2V cpu, but still many data are on there.
Your intent still is not really clear ... And I don't think it's big brother fear ...
Anyway you can format the internal MC microsd using DJI Go app (but do know that formatted memory card can be recovered with common forensic software).
To add more the P3 serial number is linked to an account on DJI cloud ... All this data (e.g. RC serial bounded, S/N, ESC calibrations) are safely stored on an EEPROM, so you need to access it in some way (I don't discuss this topic here).

Yes , off course I know that just formatted SD card , HD and so on can be recovered but NOT When You format it with with special Programms (overwriting with '0' or something else.)

Normally an EEPROM You can format(empty) with Blue light

Normally an EEPROM You can format(empty) with Blue light
No EEPROM has no UV option, they are shielded to many external radiations. You need a programmer.

People have tried it on older firmware releases and it worked. I haven't seen anyone try it lately. And, I don't think it clears the internal memory.

I tried the bin file 2 days ago with P3Pro firmware 1.503 & confirmed it's NOT WORKING or NOT EVEN READ by P3P.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie