Hard crash P3 Std. - Constant red\yellow\green

Reaction score
Crashed hard into a tree, camera got ripped off, props all broke, drone fell to the ground and motors would not stop turning. Ended up having to pull the battery and got the tops of my knuckles chopped off in the process!

When powering up now I get the normal tone then constant red\yellow\green LEDs. Manual says it's doing power on and self diagnostic test, but it never completes. I'm fearing new system board is needed (not to mention camera and gimbal). The DJI Go app just says Not Connected.

Systemboard doesn't seem too hard to replace after taking the top off. Anyone got any thoughts or advice on difficultly level and where's the best place to get a system board? I see them new for almost $300 and on eBay for around $70.

Thanks, Mitchell.

If you wind up buying on ebay, make sure you get the right board....'old' and 'new' motors use different boards.

I think the old and the new boards are only applicable for the P3A and P3P. I only see one board listed for the P3S on the DJI site (Buy Phantom 3 Spare Parts | DJI Store).

The board is $279 and a stripped down P3S aircraft is $349. Seems like the best option is to sell my base broken aircraft on eBay (without remote controller, gimbal, camera, battery, charger or the propellers), someone would hopefully give at least $70 for it. Then put the money towards getting the base aircraft from the DJI store for $349. Becomes a total wash at that point and don't need to worry about screwing up replacing a system board.

Double check that the reset button (for re-linking with the controller) hasn't gotten wedged up into a constant engaged state. Mine did that after a crash. Once that button was freed up to where it wasn't constantly holding the button down all was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks like the link button did move slightly, but there is some give when I press it.

What happens when you turn it on is:
  • Battery indicator lights come on as normal.
  • 3 normal start up tones are heard.
  • The front LEDs stay solid red.
  • The rear LEDs flash green/yellow/red constantly. In my experience could mean the IMU needs calibrated.
  • The DJI Go app will say please connect your aircraft on the home screen and if you go into Camera it will say Disconnected.
  • When pressing the Link button on the aircraft it will flash red as if it’s trying, but the link procedure will never complete.

The P3S camera/gimbal assembly is an additional $300+ so, factoring in the cost of the aircraft, you are well over $600. That being the case you may as well buy a complete P3S for $499, get a spare battery & props, & sell the damaged unit for salvage & the remote as a functional replacement.

I think the old and the new boards are only applicable for the P3A and P3P. I only see one board listed for the P3S on the DJI site (Buy Phantom 3 Spare Parts | DJI Store).

The board is $279 and a stripped down P3S aircraft is $349. Seems like the best option is to sell my base broken aircraft on eBay (without remote controller, gimbal, camera, battery, charger or the propellers), someone would hopefully give at least $70 for it. Then put the money towards getting the base aircraft from the DJI store for $349. Becomes a total wash at that point and don't need to worry about screwing up replacing a system board.

Hi Dirty Bird, You're just up the road from me, I'm in Annapolis! I saved the camera\gimbal from the crashed drone so don't need to buy that again. It needs the roll arm and ribbon cable fixed on it so I'm waiting on parts and will take on the job myself. Have you any experience of fixing broken camera\gimbal?

Fortunately I have only broken one. I successfully repaired the gimbal in my Vision+ after an encounter with "Night Fury." Camera separated at the roll axis tearing the ribbon.

Hi Dirty Bird, You're just up the road from me, I'm in Annapolis! I saved the camera\gimbal from the crashed drone so don't need to buy that again. It needs the roll arm and ribbon cable fixed on it so I'm waiting on parts and will take on the job myself. Have you any experience of fixing broken camera\gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic