Hard case vs backpack

Reaction score
I have one of each. Really not crazy about either. I do like the weight of the backpack. I do not like that gimbal touches the bottom of the hard case and backpack putting pressure on the gimbal. Anyone found a backpack or hard case where this does not happen?

You may want to consider buying a gimbal protector from uavbits.net, that's what I did. It's a carbon fiber plate that connects to the bottom of both landing legs, covering the area you're talking about. I have the microraptor hard case and a cheap $45 Chinese backpack, both seem fine. I use the backpack most the time.

Gimbal protector and gimbal lock same thing? If so I have 3, if not which one do you recommend ?

Think that would give me less room and more pressure on the gimbal. I do have one though, I got it with a gimbal lock and lens cap.

I have the cheap-o Chinese backpack. I use it just to hold and transport my P3P to and from my SUV. For that purpose it's great. Not sure it would hold up very well if I were actually going use it for carrying my P3 on a trail.

If I were going to get a more substantial case I would probably get a Pelican case clone from MCM electronics. I've used their cases before and they're a great value.

:harry

I have the cheap-o Chinese backpack. I use it just to hold and transport my P3P to and from my SUV. For that purpose it's great. Not sure it would hold up very well if I were actually going use it for carrying my P3 on a trail.

If I were going to get a more substantial case I would probably get a Pelican case clone from MCM electronics. I've used their cases before and they're a great value.

Link to chinese backpack? I have the hard case on the way, but keep on hearing great things about a cheap backpack! :eek:

Oh, and hi Harry!

Last edited:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443315761.112754.jpg

Bought this backpack on eBay for $50 to get me by til next year then I'll buy a better one.

I have that Dji backpack and i totally love it. Before i used hard case and you see the difference between these 2 when you walk long trips with them, mountains etc. + i think that Dji backpack i easier to take in plane with you.

Reactions: nickyb
I have that Dji backpack and i totally love it. Before i used hard case and you see the difference between these 2 when you walk long trips with them, mountains etc. + i think that Dji backpack i easier to take in plane with you.

I was looking at this backpack.. Looks nice, only downfall is I don't see room for a DBS modded RC.

I was looking at this backpack.. Looks nice, only downfall is I don't see room for a DBS modded RC.
That's the problem with the DBS antenna, it won't in any phantom 3 case unless you remove the antenna, and who wants to do that with every trip to fly?. You'd have to carve up the foam rubber to jury-rig the fit to store the controller with dbs installed.

That's one of the reasons I opted to buy the slip on antenna reflectors which fit nicely under the motor pods in my $45 Chinese backpack.

Last edited:
That's the problem with the DBS antenna, it won't in any phantom 3 case unless you remove the antenna, and who wants to do that with every trip to fly?. You'd have to carve up the foam rubber to jury-rig the fit to store the controller with dbs installed.

That's one of the reasons I opted to buy the slip on antenna reflectors which fit nicely under the motor pods in my $45 Chinese backpack.

Same here.. Hopefully buy next year I can find a bag that will hold my DBS modded RC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20