Harbor Flying and a crash!

Reaction score
Testing out my homemade vibration dampening with the Zinger props, and I've come to the conclusion that it works better in lower light. Bright sunlight plus 5-10 mph winds makes the footage unusable for anything professional, but it's still pretty cool I think! Gonna try a ND/polarizer on there soon as well..but really I'm just wasting time until the DJI Brushless comes out :D

https://vimeo.com/64608979

settings: 1080p/30fps/Protune/Warp Stabilize

Crash is after the song, and remarkably everything is fine! Barley put a little chip in the Zingers but still functional. Tough little bugger!

Did it clang against that thing and make a sound like a bell?

really nice and entertaining flight (and end). good music!
jello wasn't too noticeable.. post of pic of your mount solution.

yah, jello def doesn't occur in low light I've found as well. (just sucks that low light video looks. murky)

I don't think the brushless gimbal will really reduce jello much at all, it'll merely make more stable video.

How would you mount an nd on a go pro? Ad for what also? So you shoot at higher frame rate 60fps etc. does protune work at 60fps? Sorry too many questions :) exciting stuff,

ads1212 said:
How would you mount an nd on a go pro? Ad for what also? So you shoot at higher frame rate 60fps etc. does protune work at 60fps? Sorry too many questions :) exciting stuff,

I would mount the ND using this method: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=395

I believe adding filters can help the GoPro achieve a better image, especially in bright light. I have also read somewhere it is supposed to help with jello.

Protune should work on the GoPro 2 and 3, even at 60fps.

Gizmo3000 said:
really nice and entertaining flight (and end). good music!
jello wasn't too noticeable.. post of pic of your mount solution.

yah, jello def doesn't occur in low light I've found as well. (just sucks that low light video looks. murky)

I don't think the brushless gimbal will really reduce jello much at all, it'll merely make more stable video.

Thanks! I think having the gimbal will at least smooth out the jello better than my current set up. Their dampening system looks solid. Hopefully the DIY filter trick you posted will help for the time being, thanks for that to BTW, looks promising!

One bad landing with my wooden zinger props and they shredded like kindling. Not tough enough for me, too brittle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4